Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 16 2009, 20:11

Received it today in California. No 219. Nice packaging. Sleeve damaged on the top crest from the L of tubular to the E of bells though.
Profile PM 
Atane Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 17 2009, 05:11

Received mine in Paris 2 days ago.
Perfect condition (n°418/500).

The only thing which disappointed me is the cover of the LP: the bell itself on the front cover is no longer a photography but is now a drawing.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 07:46

Has anyone still the status  "Awaiting dispatch" ?

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 07:50

Parcel arrived this morning... Luckyly signed one (021/500).

Poor packaging and extra charged on shipping costs. Besides, the box is damaged on one corner - I didn't pay 100€ for such  bad service.

I got no reply from Loud Clothing after one email and two messages from an open dispute on PayPal.

I'm really sorry to hear more and more cases of people getting unsigned boxes, or even no being delivered properly.

It was a nice release, but such a TERRIBLE service.

Next one will be bought at my usual record shop: NO MORE LOUD CLOTHING.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 07:59

@ Atane: I guess they couldn't reproduce the photo because: 1) Trevor Key, who shot the original photo and maybe held the rights to it, is dead; 2) the original bent bell was stolen; 3) no-one has ever re-made it that big (the bell made by Model Solutions for the TB III cover is small).

@ Yanouch: I do. In spite of this, I received the box yesterday. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:03

After reading all these messages from fans who got the signed copies, I'm sooooo glad eventually that I didn't order a signed copy (well I wasn't able to as I was too late). Damaged boxes, unsigned copies instead of signed, high shipments costs, terrible service from bandstores.... I'm glad my unsigned box from Amazon.co.uk arrived perfectly safe.

Y'know, by signing 500 copies of certificates Universal/Mike earned about 20,000 euros extra. I wouldn't mind signing 500 copies for a couple of days for that kind of money!  :p

By the way, if you want to order that black TB t-shirt, don't use bandstores, but go to play.com. You can get them cheaper and free shipment!

Tubular Bells t-shirt at Play.com

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:04

Quote (Ugo @ June 17 2009, 13:59)
@ Yanouch: I do. In spite of this, I received the box yesterday. :)

You mean that you have the same thing like me and you received the item yesterday...though?

--------------

Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:10

Quote (crises1980 @ June 17 2009, 12:50)
Parcel arrived this morning... Luckyly signed one (021/500).

Poor packaging and extra charged on shipping costs. Besides, the box is damaged on one corner - I didn't pay 100€ for such  bad service.

I got no reply from Loud Clothing after one email and two messages from an open dispute on PayPal.

I'm really sorry to hear more and more cases of people getting unsigned boxes, or even no being delivered properly.

It was a nice release, but such a TERRIBLE service.

Next one will be bought at my usual record shop: NO MORE LOUD CLOTHING.

That's v. poor  :(

I entirely agree with you about not buying anything further from bandstores in the future. Given how they've dealt with this release I'd rather order from a trusted retailer like Amazon or Play next time - even if that means I miss out on a special 'signed and numbered' set. Far better to have a good value for money product with prompt (and free) delivery and the ability to get some comeback if there is a problem than the shoddy service a lot of people have experienced with this outlet.

Besides, if everyone shunned the 'official' outlet next time because of poor customer service, the bigwigs in charge of the distribution might be forced to have a rethink!  ;)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:10

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 17 2009, 14:04)
You mean that you have the same thing like me and you received the item yesterday...though?

Yes. I'm currently listening to the first CD. (I shall post my full review in the next days, maybe tomorrow). Maybe the Italian postal service, once in a blue moon, has been better than the French one... :)

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:17

Quote (Ugo @ June 17 2009, 14:10)
Maybe the Italian postal service, once in a blue moon, has been better than the French one... :)

Not French one, but Swiss one...because I live very near you in Switzerland. Near you means near the Italian border!

Again, could you check your status again to see if it is still in a awaiting dispatch now?

It would be very nice of you...

Thank you

;)

--------------

Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:34

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 17 2009, 08:46)
Has anyone still the status  "Awaiting dispatch" ?

I still have it  :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:34

@ Yanouch: just checked:

This is the current status for your order number XXXXXXX
Date : 15th May 2009
Time : 21:16

:)

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 08:39

Thank you Ugo....

If one day you come to Aosta, let me know. Maybe we could have a drink....

:D

--------------

Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 09:08

I think it's much easier for you to come to Pescara (Abruzzo, middle Italy) than for me to come up there. Anyway, I'll think about it. :)

However, Aosta isn't supposed to be in Switzerland... it's supposed to be in Italy. How come I got the thing and you still don't? :zzz:

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 09:27

Quote (Ugo @ June 17 2009, 15:08)
I think it's much easier for you to come to Pescara (Abruzzo, middle Italy) than for me to come up there. Anyway, I'll think about it. :)

However, Aosta isn't supposed to be in Switzerland... it's supposed to be in Italy. How come I got the thing and you still don't? :zzz:

I know that Aosta is in Italy, but as I live just on the other side of the mountain which is between this town and mine, it would be easy for me to go there...
:cool:

--------------

Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 09:32

Another one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIGNED-....94%3A50

Some has bought it to make money on ebay. It is a shame, because some real fans could not buy a copy for their collection!
:/

--------------

Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 09:48

Quote (yanouch65 @ June 17 2009, 10:32)
Another one

Some has bought it to make money on ebay. It is a shame, because some real fans could not buy a copy for their collection!

Unfortunately there'll be people who do this kind of stuff...which is a pity really.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Mix Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 10:01

Received my copies here in Finland today. Luckily both really are the signed versions: with that black sticker on cover saying that it is, and as I opened the other one, it's #164 / 500. Probably the other one is about the same range.

Very cool, especially as the postal services didn't manage to damage anything on the way.
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 10:07

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ June 17 2009, 09:48)
Quote (yanouch65 @ June 17 2009, 10:32)
Another one

Unfortunately there'll be people who do this kind of stuff...which is a pity really.

Absolutely, Tati.

It's unfair people got signed copies for speculating, and some people are still waiting for their orders.

We should provide links to any other RELIABLE websites that are selling new TB edition at fair prices and offering fast good service.

I.e. http://www.fnac.es :: Ultimate Edition for 36,76€ (31.36GBP!!;)
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 17 2009, 10:11

Quote (Mix @ June 17 2009, 10:01)
Received my copies here in Finland today. Luckily both really are the signed versions: with that black sticker on cover saying that it is, and as I opened the other one, it's #164 / 500. Probably the other one is about the same range.

Very cool, especially as the postal services didn't manage to damage anything on the way.

you can see if its signed or not without opening it? i havent seen photo from signed version sticker if its different from normal version sticker.

finnish post service is slowest fuckers in the world...still waiting mine. usually getting items from UK fast 2-3 days but now its been week since dispatched.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net