Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Hifiguru Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 16 2009, 15:48

well i bought 3 total but when i bought last one around in time there was 50 left in stock, payment was done successfully but never received confirmation from payment (except from paypal) so their system is bugged.

i emailed them after that but so far no answer.

anyway i think their timing to release stock was not best because many were been gone to spend weekend out home, get drunk and wake up saturday afternoon to notice all sold out.

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 16 2009, 16:10

Quote (Hifiguru @ May 16 2009, 19:48)
anyway i think their timing to release stock was not best because many were been gone to spend weekend out home, get drunk and wake up saturday afternoon to notice all sold out.

That's a fair point...but I get the sense that this has taken them completely by surprise. After all, the email announcement said "On Monday, we'll be putting a link on the website and making this offer available to all Tubular Bells fans worldwide" - sounds like they still expected to have some left by then!

What made them think that we wouldn't announce it to all Tubular Bells fans worldwide first, I don't know...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 16 2009, 16:27

You can't reach the store link @ tubularbells2009.com...so that's why they said that!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: May 16 2009, 19:03

And now... signed edition sold out!

Too late. Many hours of "discussions" with Mrs Olrac - and she got a new car - and I visit the on line shop to find that!  :(

Biggest issue was I had to buy a 5.1 system to play it on first and she didn't see the point. Ho hum.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Atrastorm Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 05:20

If only I had not decided to leave the computer alone yesterday,DAMN! The signed copy was what made the deal for me. Oh well....
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 07:02

Looks like this was bad timing for a lot of people. The start of the weekend - when folks are more likely to be out enjoying themselves and not glued to a computer screen - is an unfair moment to notify even the most dedicated fans IMO. Especially when no advance warning was given; just the out-of-the-blue email arriving into your inbox!

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 08:09

I virtually knew this would happen the signed ultimate edition being issued for sale on Mike's birthday, but another thing that has meant fans have not had a fair chance of obtaining a copy is people being able to buy multiple copies and sell them on ebay for name their price. How can anyone warrant wanting 3 or more copies, that is sheer greed.

A bit unsure if he will sign anymore, he doesn't want carpal tunnel syndrome, at least the amazon unsigned version is still available.  :( :D
Profile PM 

Posted: May 17 2009, 10:05

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ May 17 2009, 08:02)
Looks like this was bad timing for a lot of people. The start of the weekend - when folks are more likely to be out enjoying themselves and not glued to a computer screen - is an unfair moment to notify even the most dedicated fans IMO. Especially when no advance warning was given; just the out-of-the-blue email arriving into your inbox!

That was the worst part of it. Most people travel during the weekends and they want to keep away from any type of computers for a while!

When I found that the box was on sale,I was reading my emails on my mobile while walking on the treadmill at the gym(which is near home) - rushed asap to buy the box!

Pity that many members here lost the chance to buy the box,it's not fair with them.Let's see what will happen next!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 17 2009, 12:23

I also think it's a shame they didn't give some kind of advance warning. They're generally not very good about letting people know what their plans are, or thinking about things from fans' perspective (and they don't seem too keen on taking advice about that either).

Anyway, I see one clear course of action here...and that's to start counting people who would have bought a copy but couldn't. Once we've got an idea of numbers, we can let Universal know, and if they're not interested in doing anything about it, we'll have to see what we can do without their help...and if we can't do anything without their help...well, at least we'll have tried (or we can make potato prints of Mike's signature). I'm making no promises at all other than that we'll do what we can - in fact, it's very unlikely you'll be able to buy the exact same thing, as they've already stated that this is a limited edition of 500 (and having sold them on that basis, they now have a contract with the people who've already ordered...if it turns out they're making more than 500, they'll have trouble on their hands) - but maybe we can come up with some kind of interesting solution (and maybe a few people will decide they don't want copies they've already bought and will be kind enough to part company with them at a reasonable price...).

So...if you're still interested in a copy (or something broadly similar), let me know, either here or in PM. Once I've got an idea of numbers, I'll start talking to people and see where things lead.
Profile PM 
conny_a Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 12:25

I agree it was really bad timing, but on the other hand, we all knew the e-mail would come sometime in May, since the release is out in early June.

I did think about buying more than one copy - but I don't need two and I don't need the extra money selling the other copy on eBay. I decided to buy only one copy.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 17 2009, 12:26

While I am sympathetic with anyone who missed the opportunity to get a copy of the limited signed release. I imagine *any* way of doing it would have problerms. If you pick another time of the day/week there will be people who would naturally miss it I imagine. Apart from them chosing winners at random I am not really sure what else they could have done. Also, as Korgscrew suggested, they may well have been taken by surprise by the level of interest and how quickly all 500 copies went!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 12:52

I just hope of the people who got lucky, not too many of them have bought multiple copies (particularly with a view to selling them on eBay for profit) as that would be very unfair on other genuine fans who actually wanted only one copy for themselves.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 

Posted: May 17 2009, 13:05

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ May 17 2009, 13:52)
I just hope of the people who got lucky, not too many of them have bought multiple copies (particularly with a view to selling them on eBay for profit) as that would be very unfair on other genuine fans who actually wanted only one copy for themselves.

Some spaniards have discussed this eBay thingie.And what would have been done was controlling the number of copies of boxes one person could buy somewhat on the site.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Posted: May 17 2009, 14:22

And what about the tee shirts,since there's demand for bigger sizes,any further info on that? Most of the x-large tees are already sold out!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 14:47

I must admit it was pure fluke that I even looked at the computer on Friday evening, I just happened to be on my way to get a glass of wine and thought I'd have a look and found an unexpected email from 'Mike'! I had remembered it was his birthday too, so it was kind of in my mind to log on, but anything could have diverted me!! so I do count myself extremely lucky. I have been a devoted fan for a number of years so this is terribly important to me & special, but for goodness sake don't tell my husband how much I have spent  ;) though I had an amount saved secretly for just this opportunity!!

I do think that it is a bit of a haphazard way of doing things by the record company...no change there then..., and it shows how much they have underestimated his loyal fan base...yet again.

To buy more than you want/need, and sell on ebay, personally I feel is pretty low. But it will happen, it's just a bit unfair I think.

I really cannot wait until it arrives!

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 16:19

Just to be clear is there any difference between the ultimate limited edition which was for sale on the website and places like amazon other than it being signed by mike- i cant remember now! Cheers
Profile PM 
BlueTape Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 16:43

yeah I missed out too! DAMN WORK!!!
 :(  :(  :(  :(  
But I can tell that Mike has made 500 people very happy indeed!

--------------
my music website
www.bluetape.co.uk
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 16:53

@ Korgscrew: I'd like to ask you essentially the same question as Zinc above here. You say that this is "a limited edition of 500". Does it mean that only 500 copies were actually printed? Or does it mean that the 500 copies are the ones featuring Mike's signature and an extra track on the bonus CD - i.e. the ones which were made available throught the website - and there actually are more copies available, which may be bought through Amazon and other online shops? Please explain, as I don't understand exactly what's going on.

Regarding myself, well, I ordered a copy as soon as I got Universal's e-mail. I got an order confirmation, both via e-mail and as a printable file. I hope everything goes fine. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 17:09

Why are we all getting upset about not having extra copies of the same music we've all been listening to for years?  I don't get it, mind you, I was never a collector.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 17:18

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 17 2009, 18:23)
I also think it's a shame they didn't give some kind of advance warning. They're generally not very good about letting people know what their plans are, or thinking about things from fans' perspective (and they don't seem too keen on taking advice about that either).

Anyway, I see one clear course of action here...and that's to start counting people who would have bought a copy but couldn't. Once we've got an idea of numbers, we can let Universal know, and if they're not interested in doing anything about it, we'll have to see what we can do without their help...and if we can't do anything without their help...well, at least we'll have tried (or we can make potato prints of Mike's signature). I'm making no promises at all other than that we'll do what we can - in fact, it's very unlikely you'll be able to buy the exact same thing, as they've already stated that this is a limited edition of 500 (and having sold them on that basis, they now have a contract with the people who've already ordered...if it turns out they're making more than 500, they'll have trouble on their hands) - but maybe we can come up with some kind of interesting solution (and maybe a few people will decide they don't want copies they've already bought and will be kind enough to part company with them at a reasonable price...).

So...if you're still interested in a copy (or something broadly similar), let me know, either here or in PM. Once I've got an idea of numbers, I'll start talking to people and see where things lead.

i am for that ones who could not have the chance to buy a copy to have at the same a private concert of Mike ! :D

More seriously , i can't say i didn't know ; every night after my work i was watching to my box mail . But when i have seen the price ??? i was sure it would be close to the 50 or 60 € and not 95 € ! In fact , after talking about that with my wife , we said to ourselves that it was not so expensive for this boxset but the problem is the selling date of it ! This week ! ... I simply couldn't buy one this current week and even not this month ! My budget is calculated at the near cent ! We had some expensive buyings these last 2 weeks ,for me , my family and my house and we have planed to have some holidays next summer , so i simply couldn't . Honestly , i was interested by Mike's autograph because i've seen him two times in, concert but i didn't got the chance to meet him for asking to this ! This breaks my heart because i'm really a fan of Mike's music since i was twelve years old and not being able to buy this set is something like not to be a real fan ! But Korgscrew , you can count me in for anything else !
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net