Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed TB Ultimate Edition on sale< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olly Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 18 2009, 11:35

Korgscrew,do you know if they will ship before the release date?
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 12:42

Where did you find the order number?

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
leesonar Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 13:07

Your order number is in your "Thank you for your order" email, from bandsinloudclothing.com. :D
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 13:09

I sure it stated somewhere on the site ' not to be despatched before 08/06/09 ' or similar ?

:(
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 13:15

Quote (leesonar @ May 18 2009, 19:07)
Your order number is in your "Thank you for your order" email, from bandsinloudclothing.com. :D

Hm, I never got that that e-mail, might've appeared in my spam-folder and I could have deleted it without knowing. I did get a confirmation e-mail from my payment from Paypal.

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
conny_a Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 13:56

On our local photo contests, as the chairman of the district board, I used to sign about 25 diploma. It takes under 5 minutes, so 500 would take almost 2 hours. Not much, actually. It would be possible to split in four passes during a day ..

To me, a copied signature is not worth anything. A signature has to be written personally - if possible also given in person.

I also like it when the signature is done with a relief in the underlying paper - then it is impossible for the signature to fade away. Bryan Ferry did one of those "almost tear through" signatures once after a concert ..  :D
Profile PM 
revster Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 14:06

Can anyone please confirm the ultimate edition on amazon.co.uk is the same as the website b4 i pre order
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 18:46

So come on who's got a spare signed edition they can sell me  :D
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: May 18 2009, 19:29

Pavlov would have been proud.

:p

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 06:09

In the Netherlands there is a saying " Let's not wake up sleeping dogs... ", meaning that sometimes it's best to keep quiet about certain things...
Hopefully we are not waking op the dogs at Bandclothing about the possibility that the order might be accidentally shipped before the actual release-date....

My signes copy is being packed as well, and I would love to see it arrive before I'm leaving town for my holidays in Italy....
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 19 2009, 07:11

I'll bet "in packing" is just their ordering system's way of saying "received the order, hasn't shipped yet". The product page says "The box set will be dispatched from our warehouse by Parcel Force week commencing 8 June 2009."

They might, if you're very lucky, not quite do what they say and slip it out on the 5th so that it arrives on the 8th (Amazon and Play have been known to do that)...but even that's wishful thinking! I'd not be surprised if they only start arriving with people in Europe by about the 11th or even the 15th. I'm just making educated guesses, but if anyone's order status changes to 'shipped' before next month, it'll be a surprise to us all!
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 12:58

WHAT'S THIS ? ...'BBC TV Old Grey Whistle Test (Filmfinders with Bob Harris Intro - 19th June 1973) (Visual)'

Included in description of the ULTIMATE TB Ed at :-

play.com

I suppose its just the sking film ?
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 13:57

Hi MO fans-

I ordered the Ultimate Edition as soon as I received the email, so I'm looking forward to receiving this very special item here in the USA. I guess I'm worried the DVD will be PAL formatted so I cannot play it on my TV. I haven't heard any details in this regard but wonder why there are so many DVDs out there that are "region free", and will play on any DVD player...

I suppose if worse comes to worse I can watch the DVD on my computer, but that would be a disappointment...

Any insight or thoughts from anyone?

Thanks, Harry
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 16:05

Quote (HuanCry @ May 19 2009, 17:58)
WHAT'S THIS ? ...'BBC TV Old Grey Whistle Test (Filmfinders with Bob Harris Intro - 19th June 1973) (Visual)'

I suppose its just the sking film ?

I'd say that's a fair assumption. Let's hope more content not heard about before sneaks out  :)
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 19 2009, 16:15

BBC TV Old Grey Whistle Test (Filmfinders with Bob Harris Intro - 19th June 1973) (Visual)

My guess is that this is the visualization of Tubular Bells on The Old Grey Whistle Test of which a part was shown on "Prog Rock Britannia: An Observation in Three Movements" on January 2nd on BBC FOUR - which is a bunch of skiers in black and white riding downhill.

Or as you like - the very first video clip of Mike Oldfield.

:cool:
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 18:46

Quote (manintherain @ May 19 2009, 17:15)
BBC TV Old Grey Whistle Test (Filmfinders with Bob Harris Intro - 19th June 1973) (Visual)

My guess is that this is the visualization of Tubular Bells on The Old Grey Whistle Test of which a part was shown on "Prog Rock Britannia: An Observation in Three Movements" on January 2nd on BBC FOUR - which is a bunch of skiers in black and white riding downhill.

Or as you like - the very first video clip of Mike Oldfield.

:cool:

So here it is on You Tube,thanks to the spaniards at mikeoldfieldblog.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4eZJh3FFg0

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 19 2009, 19:17

I believe it's the skiers, yes. It's interesting to see that on the listing - I was told back in March that they were trying to find it, but I'd assumed they hadn't managed to (or hadn't got the rights). It was referred to at the time as the 'filmfinders' footage. I assume this means they got their hands on it in the end; either that or play.com has old information...

I expect that the DVD is a PAL one unfortunately, HRFanUSA, as it's being produced by Mercury UK.

It doesn't look like there's a great deal of interest in us negotiating additional signed Ultimate Editions. I'll see what we can do for the people who have said they'd be interested, but such low numbers limits our negotiating power. If anyone out there knows people who missed out and are still interested, put them in touch with me soon!
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: May 19 2009, 20:39

i did order this signed thing, but it was error during pay!"!!! argh.. !!
So i dont know what happend... :( i never got any info either) I will check out my acount later and see if they took my money, but i guess you get some email if you did??

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
revster Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 05:49

It doesn't look like there's a great deal of interest in us negotiating additional signed Ultimate Editions. I'll see what we can do for the people who have said they'd be interested, but such low numbers limits our negotiating power. If anyone out there knows people who missed out and are still interested, put them in touch with me soon!    

Put me down im intrested was checkin emails everyday i went away fri came back saturday evening all gone.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: May 20 2009, 07:01

Quote (Korgscrew @ May 20 2009, 00:17)

What sort of numbers are interested Korgscrew? Thanks for all the the effort, BTW.  :)
Profile PM 
522 replies since May 15 2009, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net