Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signed copies of Music of the Spheres< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 16:58

MikeOldfield.com has announced that play.com will have 200 signed copies of Music of the Spheres randomly mixed up in their stock.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 17:05

Poor Mike must have felt like a punished pupil having to write down 100 times the same thing. Actually, I picture more Roger Waters (The Wall) doing this.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 17:17

Play.com only send to UK adress!

They doesn't want to send this CD to Switzerland...

:(

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 17:31

Quote (Olivier @ Feb. 29 2008, 17:05)
Poor Mike must feel like a punished pupil having to write down 100 times the same thing.

I had the same thought, Olivier. And even more alarming is the possibility of writer's cramp. Please, save Mike's fingers!

I checked out play.com, but I'm still unsure if they ship CDs to the U.S? Not only am I confused about that, but I'm now a tad miffed that someone had the nerve to call two of my favorite albums a "debacle" and "patchy", and that Oldfield fans were "long suffering". "Long suffering", my foot (and don't bring up The Toe Incident! ). That 'report abuse' button sure was tempting, though I don't suppose that's what it's there for, is it?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
TheManInTheRain Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 17:48

Quote (yanouch65 @ Feb. 29 2008, 17:17)
Play.com only send to UK adress!

They doesn't want to send this CD to Switzerland...

Are you sure?? I have bought several stuff to play.com and I live in Spain, and it was delivered in 2 days, incredible!

--------------
...and The Man In The Rain picked up his bag of secrets... and BLA BLA BLA, BLA BLA BLA... TU-BU-LAR BELLS!!!!!
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 17:54

Same problem applies to me, living in Germany!

Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2008, 18:31

Quote (manintherain @ Feb. 29 2008, 19:54)
Same problem applies to me, living in Germany!

And me here in Brazil,pity it wasn't a deal with Amazon.co.uk !

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 29 2008, 19:31)
Quote (Olivier @ Feb. 29 2008, 17:05)
Poor Mike must feel like a punished pupil having to write down 100 times the same thing.

I had the same thought, Olivier. And even more alarming is the possibility of writer's cramp. Please, save Mike's fingers!

Gosh,poor Mike with that job...at least it's just "Mike Oldfield",not a dedicated autograph like,

"To XXX,

MO"

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 04:34

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Feb. 29 2008, 23:31)
Gosh,poor Mike with that job...

Well, to write 10 signatures in a minute isn't particularly fast - so even allowing for breaks to rest his hand, the 200 couldn't take much longer than half an hour, one would think.

How many times does a well-known author write a signature at a typical book signing?  A lot more than 200 I bet - they're often at it for hours. [Additional statistic: when John Ruskin reissued his Stones of Venice in 1874, he signed every copy by hand. The edition was 1,500. And he did the same again when Modern Painters was reissued the following year.]
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 04:40

same problem if you ordered it from Amazon.
Sometime back in the 1970's wasn't it?
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 05:14

Quote (Alan D @ Mar. 01 2008, 09:34)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Feb. 29 2008, 23:31)
Gosh,poor Mike with that job...

Well, to write 10 signatures in a minute isn't particularly fast - so even allowing for breaks to rest his hand, the 200 couldn't take much longer than half an hour, one would think.

How many times does a well-known author write a signature at a typical book signing?  A lot more than 200 I bet - they're often at it for hours. [Additional statistic: when John Ruskin reissued his Stones of Venice in 1874, he signed every copy by hand. The edition was 1,500. And he did the same again when Modern Painters was reissued the following year.]

Didnt the benedictine monks whire all their books by hand?  I bet that took  while - and in colour too!

:p

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 11:08

To all of you who live outside the UK :

if you want to order on Play.com you have to choose EUR as the currency instead of GBP. That option is available on the left side of the site...

I don't know if people of all countries in Europe will be able to pre-order, but I was succesfull doing so from my home in the Netherlands.

Good luck trying !
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 16:31

I can confirm what Reena said. It has been like this several months now, you just simply have to change the currency. Strange that Play.com hasn't made it clearer!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 18:17

But for some other countries it really doesn't work,even changing the currency.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2008, 18:21

Ah well in the "Shopping Basket"  Fingers Crossed...  "It Could be you" :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 04:31

Just ordered mine too! not holding out much hope, just glad to be getting the album after such a long wait.

BTW...... does anyone know how it doing in the pre order charts?

:)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 08:19

Quote (bugular tell @ Mar. 02 2008, 04:31)
Just ordered mine too! not holding out much hope, just glad to be getting the album after such a long wait.

BTW...... does anyone know how it doing in the pre order charts?

Just had a quick look on the HMV UK pre-order chart and they actually have it at number seven.Wedged in-between The Breeders and The Young Knives.Believe it or not REM are at number ten???Obviously the Mike Oldfield album has been coming out for an awfully long time now,so I`m not sure what kind of gauge that`s gonna be in all reality.I`m guessing he`s gonna` be way out in front in any kind of classical chart though.
Profile PM 
Tommy139 Offline

Posted: Mar. 02 2008, 12:35

Was going to order anyway so the possibility of having a signed copy has  prompted me to order from Play.com today  :)
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2008, 12:00

cool, thats good news, i'm thinking that alot of the 1st generation mike fans will be up for getting this album as he is going back to what he does best, also in classical circles i believe TB is accepted so they will be interested to hear the new album.

Also on the homepage, the section Mike in the media seems to be very active so he is promoting this album better than more recent ones, also Universal deserve a pat on the back for there part, its never easy trying to regain a following on such a prolific artist.

Number 1 classical album me thinks!

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2008, 12:55

If you buy one from play.com and it is not signed - send it to me and i'll sign it for you. :D  :D   it will say Don't Take the Mikey out of my CD

I'm going to put 20 CD's MOTS cases on Ebay for £2, all for sale at the same time and one is going to have a CD in it.

I'm sure there is law against that!

R ;)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 03 2008, 13:01

If you swap the CD cases for your Martin and the Les Paul I´m in!

;)
Profile PM 
27 replies since Feb. 29 2008, 16:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net