Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Signatures< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TheSentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 05 2007, 18:27

Is there anyway to add a Userbar as a signature instead of plain text?  These seem to be used more and more on other forums.

I have tried adding the relevant address of where my userbar is stored - photobucket - but  all I see in the signature is the text and not the image.  I can add the code at the end of the message but it would handier if this could be setup as a permenant signature.

Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 06 2007, 02:29

I'm not board staff, so I'm just adding an opinion here.

If people only used a graphic as compact as yours, I would be quite happy to see that.  The bar you posted is really quite nice.

However, graphical sigs can be a bit of a minefield, as it only takes one person to spoil things by including a massive image - either in terms of width and height, file size, or both.

We can turn off signatures in our control panel, but it would be a shame to turn them off completely just because of one or two large signatures.

If there's a way to restrict the dimensions of a graphical signature as well as the file size (to save us from large animated graphics, for instance) then I wouldn't mind at all.

Anyway, just my opinion. :)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 06 2007, 06:03

I think sticking with the current arrangement would be best. Some other forums it can be really hard to find the actual discussion text because of all the peripheral bits and pieces of decoration. Here it is always easy to find and read the discussion itself.

Wouldn't mind a few extra smileys however  :p Maybe that animated rolled eyes one you see in various places. Mind you, too many   :) 's can also make the topic look a mess and hard to follow :/

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 07 2007, 21:17

The only option currently is allowing HTML in signatures. This would allow people to add images...but it would also allow people to embed things like video files (which is really hugely irritating for many reasons...I hope nobody had to suffer my brief test just now! I did check to make sure there was nobody logged in... ). So with the way things currently are, it's not an option. It's something we can take a look at to see what might be possible in future, though I think generally, Matt's comments sum up my feelings on the subject too.

More emoticons would be a bit easier to sort out. We'll see what can be done...
Profile PM 
3 replies since Nov. 05 2007, 18:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net