Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sheba & Mirage Live< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MadTheDJ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 22 2012, 14:41

Hi all,

I'm new here, though have been a Mike Oldfield fan for many years.

I did a quick search and didn't see this topic brought up, so if it's been discussed in another thread, forgive me for bringing it up again.

I was listening to the Essen concert on the QE2 Deluxe Edition and noticed something familiar. The performances of "Sheba" and "Mirage" sound identical to the live versions found on the older compilation The Complete Mike Oldfield, right down to the audience noise. For example, on the last vocal of "Sheba," where she holds the note, a high-pitched whistle from the crowd comes in over it at the end. This appears on both versions and is what made me take notice.

The QE2 DE Essen concert sounds like it was mastered slightly differently, but I believe it's the same performance.

Also, some research shows that Mike and the band performed "Platinum, Parts 1 to 4" during that concert, which doesn't appear on the QE2 DE version, which is a shame, but referring back to The Complete Mike Oldfield compilation, I think it's entirely possible this is the missing performance. I'm at least confidence it's from the European Adventure Tour of 1981.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there.

Cheers!

--------------
Buy The Mike Oldfield Chronology book at: http://tinyurl.com/klyfvuc
Profile PM 
0 replies since Sep. 22 2012, 14:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net