[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Shadows in the Night< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 23 2006, 12:57

Here's a suggestion for a fan track:

http://www.speedysnail.com/twisted/shadow.html

It would have to have instrumentation such that would fit well into those 80's albums.

See if you can get Maggie Reilly to sing the vocal track. She's probably not too busy now :)

Or drop Bonnie Tyler a note: "Bonnie, better start gargling with razor blades again. Someone's going to want you to sing!"

(I did a search to see if Maggie Reilly actually did have a web site. All I found was a celebrity-site squatter having taken www.maggiereilly.com, and a site for "Maggie O'Reilly".... which makes me raise another suggestion of a fan track called "Maggie O'Rily": which would be Mike Oldfield meets The Who)

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: June 23 2006, 15:17

Quote (hiawatha @ June 23 2006, 18:57)
(I did a search to see if Maggie Reilly actually did have a web site. All I found was a celebrity-site squatter having taken www.maggiereilly.com, and a site for "Maggie O'Reilly".... which makes me raise another suggestion of a fan track called "Maggie O'Rily": which would be Mike Oldfield meets The Who)

Take a look at http://reilly.szm.com or its links page. Her new solo album, Rowan will be released in September.

Anyway, good idea. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: June 23 2006, 15:36

I've just come across with an interesting review of Maggie's collaborations with Mike, concentrating on Maggie's performance. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since June 23 2006, 12:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net