Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sergeant Pepper by the Children of Scotland, Tom Newman on point again< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2014, 09:02

Just got home to see the last report on the lunchtime edition of the BBC's Reporting Scotland.  It's not up on the website yet, but a very strong chance that the evening edition at 6.30pm, BST will also have this feature on another of Tom Newman's latest projects.  It has been announced before, I see, but today's report features young people from Paisley performing the title track, and Tom inviting other groups to help put the rest of the album together.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2014, 15:36

They elected not to repeat it in the evening programme and regrettably, in terms of actual evidence, the afternoon edition never makes it to the iPlayer.  You'll just have to trust me that it happened (and forgive me, if you can, for not calling it Sgt. Pepper...)

There is this earlier reported aspect, though.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-24910494

Today's report did talk about all of Scotland, rather than just the south-west.  For anyone not familiar with my birthplace, Paisley is in the central belt, partly joined to Glasgow's western limits, south of the River Clyde.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 16 2014, 09:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net