Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Satanic Members?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 19:14

Browsing the members directory, I was intrigued to see that you could sort by "Satanic Members", but quite disappointed to see that selecting that option gave a result of "No Members Found" or whatever...  :/

Tony :)

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 08 2006, 22:53

Ah....the good old Satanic member category....indeed....some people get to be Satanic members (if they really want to be) when their post count reaches 666. They stay that way for a little while--maybe even to post #667, mwhahaha. I personally cannot wait to be a Satanic Administrator, though I'm quite sure some already think I have achieved that status without the post count.  :p

M-C

p.s. not quite a Satanic undertaking, but I have moved your topic to the "About these forums" forum.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 07:16

The Satanic Members are obviously those who love Oldfield music only for the Exorcist theme and "Outcast".

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 08:35

Well, actually...we only ever did it with one member. Something of a private (and yet public) joke really. I doubt we'll do it again - it wouldn't be nearly as funny the second time...but perhaps we'll surprise people somehow... ;)
Profile PM 
Sonilink Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 12:38

Please admins, I soon as I can, can I be one!

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 12:47

Guess who was the first one to get post #666 in here... :D :D :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 19:44

hmmmmm... i wonder!

:D

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
The Man who is He.. Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2006, 22:21

Quote (hiawatha @ Mar. 09 2006, 07:16)
The Satanic Members are obviously those who love Oldfield music only for the Exorcist theme and "Outcast".

Don't forget all the other strange voices, sounds and devices we hear in Mikes music.
My upbringing was strict and catholic, and all else was evil, satanic, demonised etc etc. It's a bit like labelling Americans who disagree with the war in Iraq enemies of the U.S.A or unpatriotic.....Satanic is a word invented by the religious!!!
All this in mind, the so called SATANIC idiots who say they love Mikes music are hardly clever enough to understand.
Right wing religious idiots may say the music is Satanic, but yet others see it as freedom of expression. So where do you draw the line? As for the Exorcist and Outcast fans, I thought they listened to Iron Maiden.
Men wearing Leotards with long permed hair shouting 666 "Number of the Beast"?!
Profile PM 
7 replies since Mar. 08 2006, 19:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net