Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sarah's Brightman Closer track using Tubular Bells< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 18 2013, 14:24

Mike has posted a new Facebook message about Sarah Brightman arranging themes from Tubular Bells in the Closer track of her new Dreamchaser album:

Hi everyone,
Sarah Brightman has made a wonderful new piece of music incorporating themes from Tubular Bells.
It is a complex and emotional arrangement with superb vocals from Sarah.
I had the pleasure of Skyping with her a few days ago and we talked about the new piece, our experiences at Olympics opening ceremonies and of course Sarah's future trip to the International Space Station.
At last a musician in space!
Catch up with Sarah's new album and the new arrangement called " Closer ' today at : http://www.youtube.com/sarahbrightmanmusic
Lots of love
Mike
Profile PM 
Tailgunner Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 20 2013, 22:16

Current ISS Commander(the Canadian Chris Hadfield) has recorded a song in collaboration with the Barenaked Ladies back in February 2013.   Commander Hadfield played guitar while on the ISS at the same time on earth, the other musicians and choir played their part and the studio engineers no doubt battling with horrible latency.  Playing music in space is nothing new, Astronauts have been doing it for years.  Nevertheless it is great that space is finally more and more open for everyone, famous musician or amateurs.  When the cost of sending several pounds of Tubular Bells is more affordable, I am sure Astromusicians will oblige to put the hammer to one.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2013, 11:57

Just head the little snippet of Closer, and I think it could sound really good. I'm really interested in hearing all the track.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2013, 11:32

Thanks to Valiado, we have now a link to the whole 8 min. song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKmXhimbj4I&feature=youtu.be
Closer
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2013, 13:01

I received a promotional email from Universal earlier today with the link to the track. Its good(ish) ... Could have been better if Mike was involved IMHO :)
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2013, 13:31

Now I've heard the full track, I think it's good :) Well done Sarah. Her voice sounds perfect over the ending/fade out.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 18 2013, 14:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net