Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sarah Brightman< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 27 2000, 12:39

Hello, Bennyboy here.

I'm just wondering if any of you have heard Sarah Brightman's song "Siren" from the album "Dive" which she released some time in the eighties. It uses the Tubular Bells opening theme, and it sounds just as beautiful as Brightman herself. It easily puts Janet Jackson's "The Velvet Rope" (another vocal song which utilises the TB Opening Theme) to shame.

I also downloaded a song off the net just a few minutes ago called "So Many Things" which is a vocal version of "Women Of Ireland". Very good.

I would be interested to know if there are any Sarah Brightman fans out there. I think she has a lovely voice, but I'm quite unfamiliar with her non-stage work and would appreciate it if someone told me where would be a good place to start.

Thanks in advance.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2000, 16:53

Quite a few people have been asking me now if Mike gets a songwriting credit on "Siren".

He doesn't.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 06 2000, 04:11

Sarah Brightman is a real talent, a true Angel Of Music, she has such a brilliant voice, she wipes the floor with Celine Dion.

Forget all those stuck up classical purists who say she can't sing, she can. Listen to "Time To Say Goodbye" which she did with Andrea Bocelli and you can see she has a powerful set of pipes on her, and as you could probably tell with "Siren" she has an excellent mid-range pop voice too.

Bennyboy, a great place to start would be the "Dive" album that you already mentioned, it has some great pop tunes all to do with nautical themes, and it highlights both the angel of music's vocal and keyboarding and songwriting talent. Check it out whydontcha?

Incidentally I think Mike and Sarah could make beautiful music together. Anyone else agree with me?

Nice talkin' to you Bennyboy and fellow angel worshiper!

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 06 2000, 04:13

Oh, and I forgot to say, "Siren" is an excellent use of TB Theme IMHO.

"Siren" rules!
Pacha Daddy Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2000, 09:16

It may not be from the "Dive" album, but Sarah did a song called (I think) "Captain Nemo," which is about the finest Kate Bush impersonation ever recorded. Great song...
Profile PM WEB 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2000, 02:08

Uh-huh...

I wouldn't exactly call myself an "angel worshiper", at least not yet anyway!

However, she is a great singer and I agree that "Time To Say Goodbye" is a brilliant song. I've recently bought her latest CD "La Luna" which is more pop orientated and I agree that she has a good pop voice. I went out and got "Eden" and "Time To Say Goodbye" after that. A good decision.

I think I like her for one of the main reasons I like MO. She refuses to be pidgeonholed and isn't afraid to try out all different kinds of styles. So maybe they could work well together, I don't know...

Oh, and by the way "Captain Nemo" is from "Dive", and although I'm not a big Kate Bush fan (Pacha Daddy said it sounds like Kate Bush), I might just check it out!
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 14 2000, 22:31

Wake up you guys, Sarah Brightman sucks.

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 19 2000, 08:21

Sarah Brightman is the suckiest bitch in the whole wide bitch world.

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 19 2000, 09:41

Yeah, she sucks more than a new born baby.

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 20 2000, 03:44

She sucks more than Monica Lewinsky

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 20 2000, 10:04

She sucks more than a f---ing hoover
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 20 2000, 15:49

Oh yeah, Cartman and Sexiest Man?

Well, let me tell you something:

YOU TWO SUCK WORSE THAN ANYBODY ELSE IN THE WHOLE F*CKING PLANET EARTH! mad

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 22 2000, 02:06

Why do you mock us?

What have we done to deserve mocking?

We are entitled to express opinions we have and you have no right to say our opinions our invalid!

Ugo, buy a sense of humour eh. And when you are finished with that learn to be tolerant and respectful to your fellow human beings even if they have different beliefs to you.

Otherwise, you'll suck, in my humble opinion.

Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 22 2000, 02:28

I say:

Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 17 2001, 05:40

I heard somewhere that there is an Andrew Lloyd Webber greatest hits record that has a cover of TB on it, and Brightman does the "Red Dawn" section?

Anyone know if this is true?

And a note to Cartman and Sexiest Man:
You are entitled to express your opinions, but you have to be more articulate and say why you feel this way. Cause if you just say "This sucks" it looks like you are trying to start a cyberfight.
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2001, 19:16

Yes it's true. I checked on Napster...I found a Red Dawn by ALW. I think it's a compilation album with some MO material, including excerpts from TBII.

The voice is good, but IMHO not comparable to Sally Bradshaw's performance on the original version.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
15 replies since Nov. 27 2000, 12:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net