Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sailing to Premiere on BBC Radio 2, 14 Jan 14 after 11 AM< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 04 2014, 14:46

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
HuanCry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 04 2014, 14:57

I've stated on previous page Sailing is Record of the Week THIS WEEK on BBC Radio 2. It's playing twice daily on the first hour of Alex Lester's show (2 am to 5 am) and Ken Bruce's show 9.30 am till 12 noon. NOT NEXT MONTH.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 04 2014, 15:23

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
Elf Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2014, 02:55

Quote (Ommagest @ Feb. 04 2014, 15:23)
Quote (HuanCry @ Jan. 29 2014, 23:36)
Caroline has just informed us on FB that Sailing will be the RECORD OF THE WEEK on BBC Radio 2 !  :)

At least 10 plays next week including I believe daily plays on Ken Bruce's morning show !

Fantastic promotion for the forthcoming new album !

He's right, you know........

BBC 2 Playlist

Scroll to the end.

Wow! Looks like Mike really IS redeemed in England after the Olympics. Not a great fan of the song, but I'm happy for him.
Profile PM 
chrisdewey Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2014, 06:35

Quote (Bell Boy @ Jan. 20 2014, 10:21)
Bloody Facebook….!!!!!!!
great to have all this treats up on personal face books..
BUT what if you don't do it, and are not on there.

Very messy….
Isn't anybody co-ordinating all this.
Would be nice to have it one place.

Sorry to sound so old school.

At Dark Star Mike Oldfield Magazine, we also offer a free email newsletter, which will arrive neatly in your inbox with no further effort. We try to keep a balance between sharing the most important news quickly and not bombarding you with irrelevant emails. Sign up
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2014, 06:41

Quote (Elf @ Feb. 05 2014, 06:55)
Quote (Ommagest @ Feb. 04 2014, 15:23)
Quote (HuanCry @ Jan. 29 2014, 23:36)
Caroline has just informed us on FB that Sailing will be the RECORD OF THE WEEK on BBC Radio 2 !  :)

At least 10 plays next week including I believe daily plays on Ken Bruce's morning show !

Fantastic promotion for the forthcoming new album !

He's right, you know........

BBC 2 Playlist

Scroll to the end.

Wow! Looks like Mike really IS redeemed in England after the Olympics. Not a great fan of the song, but I'm happy for him.

Let's see when the album comes out to see...I'd love to see him to be properly recognised in country again :)

He deserves it !

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2014, 11:37

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 04 2014, 17:23)
What is the link to hear the Sailing tune?

http://www.goear.com/listen/b91492f/sailing-direct-recording-bbc-radio-2-mike-oldfield
Profile PM 
Olly Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2014, 05:01

I like the song pretty much. I'm Sure that MOTR will be great album.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2014, 07:35

great song  :D and the singer has a very good voice :music: it's going to be good album i think :laugh:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2014, 04:10

(EDITED)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2014, 04:45

Nice happy feel to the video…  
Good to see MO happy, though Luke is a little annoying with all that posing….. though it didn't do Mike jagger any harm….

What a fab setting to have a studio….. hope it inspire Mike to
Make some magical new music.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2014, 07:45

You know what? I was pleasantly surprised by the super-simplicity and un-pretententiousness of that song. It wouldn't have sounded out of place on Kevin Ayers album (a compliment in my world).
Thumbs up!  :)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2014, 05:50

Having now heard the full version (which seem to differ quite a lot from the preliminary short youtube clip, with "santa claus" in the studio), I am not excited.

Very very mainstream. Not horrible, but so boring.

Lets hope the rest of it is more interesting. (Did someone say there are only 2 chords in the whole song? I counted to 3)
Profile PM 
sikejsudjek Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2014, 06:03

I like it. Good production, good vocals and a good pop tune.
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2014, 06:12

So the information was removed from the news section... Did you finally get a message from Universal?

Hey, but 'the thing no one can talk about' IS STILL available.

Preposterous...
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 09 2014, 10:40

Yes, we have removed it for now--removed but not sent to oblivion--the thread here and the one over at FB will probably be restored in their entirety ASAP.

We do not know exactly what happened, and IMHO from the outside looking in, the whole thing really does seem bizarrely, preposterously overblown, like a tempest in a teapot. But, we don't know all of the details.

I do hope that when it is officially released, people from all locations will be able to view it.  :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 09 2014, 12:04

Quote (crises1980 @ Feb. 09 2014, 10:12)
Did you finally get a message from Universal?

Just to make it clear what went on, Inkanta and I had a chat between ourselves and decided it'd be best to take it down while we work out what's going on (the news topic's not actually been deleted, just stored where nobody can see it, so we can restore it if need be). So it was our decision rather than the result of any official pressure - we just didn't want to appear like we were being somehow deliberately provocative in heavily promoting something that was posted in error. I think Caroline had already been asking people not to share it at the time I posted the link - I genuinely had no idea, but I could also see how it might have looked like some kind of act of defiance, especially considering the size of audience we've got, so we wanted to avoid any kind of misunderstanding like that.

I do agree, though, leaving the Sailing video up on YouTube where it's easily searchable and just asking people not to look at it isn't a terribly effective way of handling the situation! I'd have thought they'd be best to just quietly replace it with a better version and carry on as normal, or even just cut their losses and leave it, seeing as it's been seen by nearly 20,000 people now.

Still, that's our compromise solution, until we can get to the bottom of what's going on. I can see how that's also a controversial decision in itself, but it seems to me like, as a Mike Oldfield fan site, we're probably best off respecting what seem to be the wishes of Mike and his team until we've got some better information on the whole thing.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 10 2014, 05:22

Looks like they've made the video private now - it still appears in searches, but isn't viewable. Of course, I won't be surprised if all the fuss had people rushing to download it for safe keeping before it disappeared, so they'll now have to fight unauthorised duplicates springing up everywhere...
Profile PM 
Bell Boy Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2014, 14:01

Bizzare Re video......
You think they want as much promotion as poss, and as many people to see it as poss...
Bizarre.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2014, 14:53

I'm having a punt on it being some dispute between Vevo and Universal .. possibly to do with The Telegraph have exclusivity in streaming the video from today ?

Update: Caroline has stated video will be available everywhere tomorrow. The Telegraph has only exclusivity for one day.
Profile PM 
139 replies since Jan. 13 2014, 13:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net