Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Robert reed and robin a smith, Mike reimagined< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hergest fridge Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 24 2023, 14:36

I know some of you won't like it or care but Robert Reed is due to release a cover of some of Mike's rarer works , on the same day Robin A Smith is due to release reimagined Piano versions of Mike's work . At Tiger moth records website if interested.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 25 2023, 03:18

I'm interested (I have already started a topic about Robin's album) I have been following this news for a while now as I regularly check in with Robert's site, I like what he does, he keeps Mike's spirit and music alive, I can't see anyone else doing it, plus he has lots of people who have actually worked with Mike over the years included with his projects, so, I think it's authentic. I like Roberts Sanctuary releases too.
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: May 25 2023, 13:18

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ May 25 2023, 03:18)
I'm interested (I have already started a topic about Robin's album) I have been following this news for a while now as I regularly check in with Robert's site, I like what he does, he keeps Mike's spirit and music alive, I can't see anyone else doing it, plus he has lots of people who have actually worked with Mike over the years included with his projects, so, I think it's authentic. I like Roberts Sanctuary releases too.

I agree with everything you're saying , and I also check regularly with Reeds ' website. I know he divides opinion with some of  Mike's fans but I do like the majority of his output.
As you say a lot of people who've worked with Mike also appear , and that's what makes it a worthwhile listen.
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: May 26 2023, 19:04

Quote (hergest fridge @ May 24 2023, 14:36)
I know some of you won't like it or care but Robert Reed is due to release a cover of some of Mike's rarer works , on the same day Robin A Smith is due to release reimagined Piano versions of Mike's work . At Tiger moth records website if interested.

Robin Smith's album is incredibly brilliant, especially some of the lesser known tracks like Broad Sunlit Uplands,  Summit Day and others.  His new CD is well worth getting. Brings a whole new "lease of life" to the music.
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: May 27 2023, 04:26

I’m away from home but looking forward to three new MO related releases waiting for me when I get home… if this is a genuine retirement, it’s being served well, IMHO.
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since May 24 2023, 14:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net