Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Robbie Robertson< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bennyboy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 13 2000, 07:22

Are there any other MO fans out there who are into Robbie Robertson's solo work?

The former guitarist and singer for The Band has such a beautiful sadness in his voice that I find deeply affecting, it sends shivers down my spine the way that Mikes soft, yearning guitar solos in The Songs Of Distant Earth do.

His lyrics are so poetic and touching, I challenge anyone not tobe moved by "Fallen Angel", "Broken Arrow", "What About Now" and "Breaking The Rules". Excellent stuff.

Any thoughts people?
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 03 2000, 07:34

I liked Robbie's solo stuff. I didn't hear much of The Band, but I have Robbie's eponomously titled first album, "Music for 'The Native Americans'", and "Contact From the Underworld of Redboy". It's good stuff, the first album was a little U2-flavoured (U2 are on one of the tracks, The Joshua Tree was recorded at roughly the same time).

I think that Robbie's modern native American elements would work well with Mike's stuff. Mike name-checks Robbie in an interview about Amarok which is somewhere in the Articles section on Tubular Net.
Profile PM 
1 replies since Nov. 13 2000, 07:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net