Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ringscape. What a fabulous track., Know little about it. Any information??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 15 2013, 07:39

Seems the word 'Ringscape' hasn't even been mentioned in the forums, so I go ahead with this topic 'cos I love the track and I'd love to know more about its genesis and the meaning of its title. Does it have to do with a 360º round landscape??? That's what directly comes to mi mind. Thanks for sharing whatever you write anyway.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 16 2013, 05:32

I agree - I too think it's one of MO's most memorable pieces of music.

In his computer game Tr3s Lunas (which is full of music), the 'Ringscape' music is heard while you fly through a cavern of snow and ice, led by a snowy owl, at night. It's a beautiful thing to do alone, but when played online with friends, it seems even better. I never think of it as 'Ringscape'. For me (and probably for most people who've played the game), it'll always be the Snow Cavern Music.

The title, I suppose, comes from the idea that one of the ways of playing Tr3s Lunas is to collect rings while exploring the landscape.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Sep. 23 2013, 06:35

Thanks, Alan D !!!

I have the game, but never got there!! Maybe time to give it a try...

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2013, 14:59

The second entry in this thread of the Tr3sLunas Guide tells you how to get there (it's not difficult to do, so don't be put off):

Going through the ringheads
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2013, 10:36

There are a few track-by-track reviews to be found, Delfin, and Alan had this observation a while back:
http://tubular.net/forums....;t=5722

My explorations in the main game ongoing, I'm more familiar with the butterflies in the demo version. :)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2013, 16:46

Thanx, thanx, thanx, thanx !!!!!!!

--------------
Profile PM 
5 replies since Sep. 15 2013, 07:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net