Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ringscape, any ideas..< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
3Wheeler Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 15:26

After playing the TR3 game a few times and hearing Ringscape quite a bit... Its surely an Official TR3 Song
really.. If Mike had included it on the Album where do Folks
reckon it should fit on the TK Listing.. Im about to make up my TR3 on to my Comp Hardrive and I want to include Ringscape.. Not sure where it will fit best though .. :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 16:39

I don't want to add to the problem - but shouldn't 'First Steps' go on there too?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 17:37

Well, "First Steps" is actually a collage of various themes, so I think that it works much better as a 'recollection' or a 'souvenir' of the game (as it does on L+S, IMHO) rather than something that may be fitting on a soundtrack album. As far as I remember, none of the pieces on Tr3s Lunas (the album) is made up by several different themes - every piece on the album, with the obvious exception of "To Be Free", is based on a single theme (= on a single scene of the game). So I think that "Ringscape" is much more fitting on an ideal 3L compilation than "First Steps". I don't know the exact reason why Mike O. didn't release it on 3L (the album), but I'm pretty sure he must've included it in L+S because lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of 3L players were enjoying the snowy cavern sequence because of the sheer beauty of the piece, and he must've somehow heard them. :D

Regarding a location of "Ringscape" within an ideal 3L album, I would place it after "Turtle Island", in such a way as to balance something very light (as I think TI is) with something very dramatic, very epic-sounding. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 17:37

DOUBLE - see above. :D :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Oct. 18 2007, 17:55

So, First Steps would have been a mini overture, an introduction to the album.

And the new, hammond organ, Ringscape, well, although it is not the end of the game, it would make a great ending to the TL album.

I wonder why it never had a video? I could just see snowy on VH1 classic or Magic (chilled music TV)

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 03:27

Quote (olracUK @ Oct. 18 2007, 22:55)
So, First Steps would have been a mini overture, an introduction to the album.

That's a good thought. I might put a version together myself, like that, and see how it goes.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 05:55

Yes this Works for Me...  ie Use "First Steps" as the Opening Tk.. Then include "Ringscape" as the Tk after Turtle Island and the Tres Lunas Album is Improved quite a bit IMO.. 72 Minutes of Music now with a Long Tk as well...  So if You dont like L&S to much just take those Tks off and reinstall them into your TR3 CD listing ...Why didnt I do this 2 years ago duhhhh  :/

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 06:16

Sounds like you retained 'To Be Free' (both versions?), did you? If I have a go at this, I'll leave that off - I never felt that it fitted the mood of the album as a whole.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Oct. 19 2007, 07:48

Yes I left on both "To Be Free" Tks as Im not totally sure about removing stuff MO decided should be officially included on the Album.. But I think adding these two extra ones gives it a bit more of a Edge...Ringscape Fits Totally Mid Album no question.. And First Steps is a much better Opener than Misty IMO.. :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
8 replies since Oct. 18 2007, 15:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net