Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Reverse Birthday Present, Should be Declared< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 07 2021, 00:35

With only a few sleeps until Mike's birthday, perhaps we should introduce a new custom, where instead of our giving him a present he gives his fans one - Tubular Bells 4!  :cool:
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 07 2021, 03:14

I suppose there is a chance of a Tubular Bells 4 announcement around the same time as the new Tubular Bells anniversary shows in August this year.
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 07 2021, 13:50

With only a few sleeps until Mike's birthday, perhaps we should introduce a new custom, where instead of our giving him a present he gives his fans one - Tubular Bells 4!  
really, nightspore, give the poor guy a break! he isn't 19-and-full-of-beans any longer!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 07 2021, 18:56

Quote (bluemlein @ May 07 2021, 13:50)
With only a few sleeps until Mike's birthday, perhaps we should introduce a new custom, where instead of our giving him a present he gives his fans one - Tubular Bells 4!  
really, nightspore, give the poor guy a break! he isn't 19-and-full-of-beans any longer!

He looked pretty vigorous in the Man on the Rocks videos. My father is 96 and is still organizing musical concerts!
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 08 2021, 00:13

terrific to hear about yr papa - does he smoke, tho? that can't be good for one's constitution.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 08 2021, 06:41

He used to have one every Christmas. Are you implying Mike's health has been endangered by smoking? Where is the evidence? Of course a single case can't invalidate the statistical generalization that smoking is hazardous, but my mother smoked like a chimney and died at 94.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 13 2021, 23:35

I get the feeling Mike gave us his best goodbye effort with RTO

Well will not see his like again.
Can’t deny his body of work tho.
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 14 2021, 11:28

milamber - if you are in the arts you will know that you may want to quit but your gift/talent will not let you. to stop is to admit defeat, at least that is how it seems to me. it's a mind/body contest, and a mind full to bursting with ideas does not suddenly stop unless the body has asserted its decrepitude.

in videos fo MOTR MO looked reflective, tired, disappointed, but then came RTO.

if i were betting i would say - there is more.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 15 2021, 03:27

I don't think Mike will "retire" from music, has stated many times that he always has music in his head, he can't stop it. I suspect he is still constantly in his studio working on something, he may have amassed lots of music since the release of Return to Ommadawn, I hope so anyway.

I would like to know what the situation is with his record contract, does he even have one at the moment?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 15 2021, 06:57

I'd be happily proven wrong you know.
The last two albums tho had heavy involvement esp on FB with quite a lot posted to pique interest.
So nowadays he seems to be completely absent, But like you I prefer to think he's hard at work.
Fingers crossed.
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 15 2021, 14:35

maybe he isn't hard at work - maybe he's sitting in sun or shade letting the music escape his head. it can't be good to have music bursting out of one's pores every second - there are times when a song or section of music plays and replays and i just want to scream stop it already! so imagine if you're someone like MO - if he felt the same way. that would be a trial, i'm sure.

(don't anyone suggest one try to empty one's mind - you have to be a particular type of person to be able to do that, in my humble opinion IMHO. . .(old editor at work: always write out the first reference LOL)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 15 2021, 19:54

Quote (bluemlein @ May 15 2021, 14:35)
maybe he's sitting in sun or shade

Or the Twilight Zone  :laugh:
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: May 16 2021, 00:17

:laugh: wooooooooo! which episode?
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 16 2021, 14:39

My initial thought when reading this topic, was that someone was planning to steal something from Mike. That's a "reverse birthday present" to me! :D

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 16 2021, 19:36

Quote (bluemlein @ May 16 2021, 00:17)
:laugh: wooooooooo! which episode?

Series 5, "The Seventh is Made up of Phantoms"
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 17 2021, 02:09

Mike used to do Yoga and meditation, I don't know if he still does though.
Profile PM 
15 replies since May 07 2021, 00:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net