Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Resolution, The whispered lyrics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 14 2008, 09:29

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 10 2008, 22:23)
There are quite a few Web sites that say that MO has chosen not to release the lyrics of "Resolution".

If so that would make sense.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2008, 09:39

If it was me, I think I would give the lyrics, because thats quite unusual for any artist, and it only causes people to wonder and ask 'why'.  Unless that's what's wanted?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2008, 10:01

Quote (Silver Negus @ Aug. 14 2008, 09:39)
If it was me, I think I would give the lyrics, because thats quite unusual for any artist, and it only causes people to wonder and ask 'why'.  Unless that's what's wanted?

It would remove the "shadiness" of the album to bring the words clearly out into the open. Of course, some of the pieces on "Shade" have relatively clearly enunciated words - but one meaning of the word "resolution" is about resolving, bringing things into focus or clarity - so the shade theme is arguably more important with this piece.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2008, 12:24

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 14 2008, 10:01)
Quote (Silver Negus @ Aug. 14 2008, 09:39)

It would remove the "shadiness" of the album to bring the words clearly out into the open. Of course, some of the pieces on "Shade" have relatively clearly enunciated words - but one meaning of the word "resolution" is about resolving, bringing things into focus or clarity - so the shade theme is arguably more important with this piece.

Yes secretive and shady :cool:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 04 2011, 21:42

Quote (Scatterplot @ Aug. 10 2008, 20:10)
Perhaps you should start the CD and the video and see if there is something noteworthy at 3.1, 9.8 and 31. Try seconds, then minutes........The Wizard of Oz that is......and report back to us your findings.
Jim

Just remembered this thread. I've been looking for an excuse to watch The Wizard of Oz again - I haven't seen it since I was 7 - so I may just try the experiment!  :) Someone should make an Oz (Australian) version of the film  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 05 2011, 01:08

My goodness, was I that much of a dork three years ago? I'm horrified to learn that I was saying that garbage! "I'm a much bigger fan of e"? What the hell!

Maths is a great field, I have a good deal of admiration for it, but I'm not that kind of stupid self-obsessed "I love science therefore I am better than you" pseudo-geek... at least not anymore.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 05 2011, 02:11

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ May 05 2011, 01:08)
My goodness, was I that much of a dork three years ago? I'm horrified to learn that I was saying that garbage! "I'm a much bigger fan of e"? What the hell!

Maths is a great field, I have a good deal of admiration for it, but I'm not that kind of stupid self-obsessed "I love science therefore I am better than you" pseudo-geek... at least not anymore.

I hope I've improved with age too, Sir M  :laugh:

I'll check out your new album ASAP.  :cool:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 05 2011, 02:55

Sir M has a new album... :cool:

I'll check it out when I've finished my π :laugh:
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 08 2018, 23:14

Another interesting thing about "Resolution" is the title itself. The letter "s" is a bit like the number 5, especially if you've got out of the habit of handwriting neatly  :laugh:  But "v" also is the number 5 (in Roman numerals), so really "resolution" and "revolution" are the same word.
Profile PM 
28 replies since Aug. 03 2008, 13:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net