Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Resolution, The whispered lyrics< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 03 2008, 13:24

Can anybody tell me what the whispered lyrics are in Resolution?  Shade track.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 05 2008, 22:17

i have the same quiestion thanks  :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2008, 10:17

Quote (Tubularman @ Aug. 05 2008, 22:17)
i have the same quiestion thanks  :D

I think I can work out something like' west with east' halfway through the track.  But some of the other whispers sound like ?(dance)? 'with me'.  And the other words are resolution and revolution, which are clearly heard.

Who knows I don't know?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2008, 21:00

We're probably not meant to know what he's saying. Shade is all about not perceiving clearly, after all. The (deliberate) irony is that "resolution" means "being able to perceive clearly"!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2008, 01:58

The words are actually numbers. Listen harder and you will find the pattern................

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 10:17

Quote (Scatterplot @ Aug. 08 2008, 01:58)
The words are actually numbers. Listen harder and you will find the pattern................

Thanks there. What are the numbers?
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 15:39

Quote (Scatterplot @ Aug. 08 2008, 07:58)

Yeah, it's a secret code. I also noticed that if you start the film The Wizard of Oz playing in your DVD player and then cue up your CD of Shade as the MGM lion roars the third time, many coincidences will occur as the music matches the film in amazing ways.   :cool:
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 16:16

Pi times Pi times Pi.............IE, 3.14159, 9.86958, 31.00619.......

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 17:47

Quote (Harmono @ Aug. 10 2008, 20:39)
Quote (Scatterplot @ Aug. 08 2008, 07:58)

Yeah, it's a secret code. I also noticed that if you start the film The Wizard of Oz playing in your DVD player and then cue up your CD of Shade as the MGM lion roars the third time, many coincidences will occur as the music matches the film in amazing ways.   :cool:

:D Do you have to put the light disc on when it goes into colour?
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 18:47

:D  No, that would just be silly. (Light works much better with The Terminator)
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 19:04

I`ve heard Tubular Bells works quite well with The Terminator as well..."I`ll Be Back"... :p

They used to always show The Wizard Of Oz every christmas over here.And every Christmas my friend`s mother would say.."Oh you know I always thought this film was in colour"...I think the penny finaly dropped in about 2003 or something..Heh heh,The same year they bought their first colour television.

Here`s a strange thing though.Since you mentioned The Wizard Of Oz Harmono,a google ad for David Gilmour has appeared on the main page here..Co-incidence???..Methinks not!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 20:10

Perhaps you should start the CD and the video and see if there is something noteworthy at 3.1, 9.8 and 31. Try seconds, then minutes........The Wizard of Oz that is......and report back to us your findings.
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 21:29

Well unfortunatly I don`t have a copy of The Wizard Of Oz..Or maybe fortunatly cos I`d probably be doing that exact thing right now out of some kind of beyond sad freakish curiosity.. What I wanna` know is,how can you times pi by pi,when nobody even knows what pi is?.And surely 9.869 times 9.869 is errr well it`s err more than 31..I think??..Is it not pi to the power of 3?Yeah even that`s not right is it?My maths is bloody rubbish.

I used to have an old maths teacher at school who apparently during his years at university.Would wile away many a fun fuelled evening writing out pi to as many decimal places as he could on his bed-sit wall.The fact that he told us this during one of his lessons was of little benefit to us as the guy was a raving psychopath.He could`ve told us that in his spare time he liked to dress up as Mr T from The A Team and not one of us would`ve batted an eyelid..Pi on your bedroom wall for crying out loud.."Did they not have wallpaper like back in those days Sir"?..Oh man that guy would`ve strung you up by the gonads.

Was`nt there a movie executive guy at MGM or something.Who said he`d be happy to release The Wizard Of Oz if they dropped that God awful Over The Rainbow song???..Romance is on the Shade disc isn`t it..  :O
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 22:23

There are quite a few Web sites that say that MO has chosen not to release the lyrics of "Resolution".
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 10 2008, 22:25

Quote (Dirk Star @ Aug. 10 2008, 21:29)
What I wanna` know is,how can you times pi by pi,when nobody even knows what pi is?.And surely 9.869 times 9.869 is errr well it`s err more than 31..I think??..Is it not pi to the power of 3?Yeah even that`s not right is it?My maths is bloody rubbish.

9.869... times 9.869... would actually be an approximation to pi to the power of four. Pi x Pi x Pi, which is Pi³, is approximately 31,00627668029982017548 according to Kubuntu's calculator. Also, about "knowing what Pi is", we actually do, but we can't represent the whole number numerically because it's irrational. However, depending on the application, we can use a sufficiently good approximation of it. In a computer game, say, 31 would be a pretty good approximation to Pi³ - in a scientific simulation of meteorological phenomena, however, you'd probably need a much greater precision.

But what's really weird is that e to the Pi times i equals -1. And I don't even know that because I'm some sort of math wiz; I just happen to know several assorted random cute facts, thanks to Wikipedia and xkcd. :)

EDIT: highly annoyed because the board won't let me use the actual Pi character.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 04:20

Looky here............3.14159 times 3.14159 EQUALS 9.86958. Multiply that by 3.14159 and you have 31.00619. Simple enuff? Pi is the diameter of any circle in our universe(that obeys physical laws anyway)......you take the circumference and divide it by the diameter. The result will always be 3.14159. Now.......round those above 3 numbers off and please sync up Mike's CD with The Wizard of Oz and tell the tubular world of your findings.......I for one am itching with curiousity.
Jimbo

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 04:49

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Aug. 10 2008, 22:25)
But what's really weird is that e to the Pi times i equals -1. And I don't even know that because I'm some sort of math wiz; I just happen to know several assorted random cute facts, thanks to Wikipedia and xkcd. :)

I don't know why everyone's talking about maths, but it gives me a chance to show off, so here goes -

e to the power pi times i = -1, as e to the power i times anything = the cosine of that thing plus i times the sine of that thing. The cosine of pi (radians = 180 degrees) is -1 and the sine of pi radians = 0. So there you have it.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 05:20

There is no cosine, secant, tangent or sine involved. I just want to know, do the 3 numbers I gave sync up MO's 2005 CD with the Wizard of Oz?? I hate the Wizard of Oz. So I need someone who will not regurgitate while playing it.....to put on Mike's 2005 CD, sync it with the aforementioned "motion picture" and get back to me. Once empirical data has been observed.... or ruled out, I will shut up........
Jimbo

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 05:48

Quote (Scatterplot @ Aug. 11 2008, 04:20)
Looky here............3.14159 times 3.14159 EQUALS 9.86958. Multiply that by 3.14159 and you have 31.00619. Simple enuff?

Yeah, but I included ellipses on my numbers - but that's really because the idea of infinity fascinates me. Pi is a wonderful number (though I'm a bigger fan of e myself) and I respect the fact that we'll never, ever be able to express it with absolute precision. :)

(and to be a bit more formally rigorous, Pi is exactly the circumference of a circle with diameter = 1. Also it's the name of a film and of a song by Kate Bush)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2008, 06:10

Yes, I remember the movie Pi, I liked it.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
28 replies since Aug. 03 2008, 13:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net