Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Rerelease?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 23 2012, 13:21

Do we have confirmation that TKF will be rereleased in the current lineup? Or might it get skipped like Exposed?

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 23 2012, 18:47

All I can say to that is I'll see if I can find out!

As for Exposed, I think I can say that yes, it's been skipped, but not forgotten about - last I heard, there was no firm plan for what to do with it, but they'll work out exactly how to handle it once they've done all the others.
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: June 24 2012, 07:41

Quote (Korgscrew @ June 23 2012, 19:47)
All I can say to that is I'll see if I can find out!

As for Exposed, I think I can say that yes, it's been skipped, but not forgotten about - last I heard, there was no firm plan for what to do with it, but they'll work out exactly how to handle it once they've done all the others.

Ah, nice to know its not competely forgotten ;)

On that note, do you know if there is any specific schedule for the rereleases, or is it just going to be about two albums per year till we hit Heaven's Open?

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 24 2012, 10:54

It's a bit of a case of them taking things as they come, as far as I know, which is also why they don't want to say much about Exposed (though from looking over the forums, I see that some of their ideas for that were let slip at the TB 2009 launch, but I think those really have to be treated as just possibilities until they get to the point where someone's actually sitting down, compiling it and consulting with Mike about what he's prepared to put his name to).

I seem to remember some years where they've had in mind to do more than one batch, but for whatever reason, it hasn't ended up working out that way. They tend to not like saying too much too far in advance, in general, to give them that flexibility of changing plans without anyone getting too disappointed.
Profile PM 
Kiwwy Offline

Posted: June 24 2012, 14:37

Quote (Korgscrew @ June 24 2012, 11:54)
It's a bit of a case of them taking things as they come, as far as I know, which is also why they don't want to say much about Exposed

Yeah, I can understand that, particularly with the current market situation. The fact that Mike has to approve of their plans is probably also a factor.

I think two albums per year is fine as it is, just seems a bit long if we have to wait till about 2017 to see what happens at the end  :laugh:

But on that note, is there any indication of any plans for doing anything with the post-Virgin albums?

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: June 24 2012, 15:00

Quote (Kiwwy @ June 24 2012, 14:37)
I think two albums per year is fine as it is, just seems a bit long if we have to wait till about 2017 to see what happens at the end  :laugh:

But on that note, is there any indication of any plans for doing anything with the post-Virgin albums?

The Warner recordings don't belong to Universal, so they can't use this material without permission.

Back to Exposed: One reason that is was not re-released yet, might be the fact that the Exposed DVD was released in 2005 and I think it 's still quite popular. Probably there is no market for a deluxe edition.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 25 2012, 18:59

Well, the official answer is that they "are working through all of Mike’s former Virgin catalogue in due course" - which I think can be taken as a yes!
Profile PM 
6 replies since June 23 2012, 13:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net