Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Renbourn / Jansch< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Archangel Foster Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 28 2000, 20:22

Oh, silly, silly me!
I never took it too seriously when Mike stated he's influenced by John Renbourn and Bert Jansch.
I've had a CD with a Renbourn track on it for several years now and only today I paid attention to that track being by Renbourn!
Man, you can hear the influence right away, you understand immediately what Mike likes (or liked?) about the guy.
Tomorrow I'm going to pay a visit to 'Saturn' here in Cologne (world's biggest CD store, at least it says so) and buy EVERY SINGLE ALBUM I find of those two guys. OK, maybe not all of them tomorrow. But sometime.
Profile PM WEB 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2000, 07:22

Checked it out - WOW!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Cipher Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2000, 10:25

Discography, please!
More data available?
Profile PM WEB 
Archangel Foster Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2000, 21:31

Alright, first of all, let me tell you what got me so excited that I had to make all this fuss. As I said above, I was listening to that complation of British Folk, never having paid an awful lot of attention to the featured artists. Then suddenly there was this guitar instrumental, and I - not knowing anything about the guy except that Mike liked him in his early days - thought 'that must be Renbourn!'. I looked at the cover - and it was Renbourn!!!

Cipher, and everybody else who's interested, you can find out about Renbourn, Jansch and Pentangle which they were both a part of (didn't know that either), plus a lot of other great artists, on: http://www.btinternet.com/~les.kneeling/
As far as Renbourn is concerned, I highly recommend the compilation 'John Renbourn Collected' (Music Club MCCD 388). Listen to the second track, 'Variations On My Lady Carey's Dompe', you'll immediately understand what I'm talking about.
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since Nov. 28 2000, 20:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net