Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Released in Canada...., Amazon.ca and HMV.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 20 2003, 19:25

Was checking around amazon.ca and HMV.com (partnered or something), and TB2003 is finally available to pre-order! Sadly, however, the box set and bonus DVD versions are not available, just the 1 disc. http://www.amazon.ca/exec....3751243

$23.99 Canadian dollars.

Also available at amazon.com as an import for $26.99 US. At least you guys in the US got the DVD :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Mike
Unregistered

Posted: May 30 2003, 17:57

Just found out that TB 2003 is due to be available at A&B Sound, Vancouver, from June 3rd onwards.  Can't wait!

:D
dhaelis
Unregistered

Posted: June 04 2003, 11:53

Well, still not having found Tubular Bells 2003 released in Canada, I decided to email Warner Music Canada to see if I could get a little more information. To my surprise, they responded around 24 hours later. Here's what they said...

Mike Oldfield's release of Tublar Bells 2003 is scheduled to be released June 10th in Canada.  This date is tentative, however you can keep checking our "In Stores..." news heading, if Mike's CD doesn't come out on June 10th.   I hope this helps.

So, if any other Canadian fans are having a hard time finding this album, take heart! Hopefully it'll be out next Tuesday!

Cheers!
Mike
Unregistered

Posted: June 06 2003, 15:49

The Warner Music Canada website now confirms that TB 2003 will be released in stores in Canada on June 10, 2003.  Good one! :)
JKoeller
Unregistered

Posted: June 27 2003, 12:00

Canadian version of TB 2003 is an audio cd version. Sound quality is much better than on the encoded european versions :)  :)  :)
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 27 2003, 12:48

But watch out for the DVD - I've had several reports of it causing problems, including one suspected case of it actually causing a DVD player to break down. It's only with the Canadian DVD release that these problems have been reported so far.
It's too early to tell yet what's behind these problems, but proceed with caution...
Profile PM 
KtheC Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 27 2003, 14:02

I have had no problems at all with the DVD. It plays perfectly, but then again I have a code-free player, so maybe that's the difference.  After all it is pal formatted
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 27 2003, 14:26

I think it's a case of an unfortunate combination of player and disc, as with the cases of the copy protected CDs causing damage. Even two of the same model may not react in the same way - I'd think there are quite a lot of factors at play.
All I can say is that the more reports I get about the disc, the less it looks like coincidence.
Profile PM 
7 replies since May 20 2003, 19:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net