Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Reaction Video, Punkadiddle< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 03 2019, 11:05

I am always trying to promote Mike's music as it always amazes me he is still not very well known, or if people have heard of him, it's usually Tubular Bells or Moonlight Shadow, which is great, but as we all know, Mike has a lot more to offer than that. So, I have been watching reaction video's on YouTube, which often gives people the chance to hear music they would not normally listen to. One of the better ones being Wings of Pegasus, this is a guitarist called Fil, who gives really good unbiased reactions of mainly guitar players, but also bands and singers, I have been asking him for a while to feature Mike, and he has now done so, I deliberately wanted to choose a different track, and one that focuses on Mike playing guitar the whole was through, so I choose Punkaddidle, there are many great Mike moments to choose from, but I thought I would start with that one, you can check out Fil's great reaction below, also read some of the comments, some people listening to Mike for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGEWErdr7f0
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2019, 17:28

It's a very good video, and - rarely for me - I prefer this version to the studio one. I wonder if it's commercially available. Thinking about it, the facetious title doesn't really do justice to the mood or complexity of the music. How about "Steinmetz", to tie together the two current popular threads on this forum?  :D
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 06:12

I also prefer this version to the album version. It is available on the official DVD, Live at Montreux 1981.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2019, 17:11

Not something playable in the car, then. Oh well.
Profile PM 
omgmo Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2020, 21:59

Quote (nightspore @ Dec. 03 2019, 17:28)
I prefer this version to the studio one.

The truth is that I have played this video several times! I think I prefer this version too.

The analysis video is very good. It is nice that Fil emphasizes that Mike has a lot more to offer. The choice of "Punkadiddle" was one of the best possible, qjamesfloyd. Keep promoting Mike's music, that's very kind of you!
(Also, as I saw, Fil has already analyzed many of my favorite videos haha)
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2020, 07:23

I always promote Mike's work, I am going to suggest another video for Fil to react too soon, I am still looking for the best one to suggest.
Profile PM 
Courtneyka Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2021, 12:01

I love this specific version! It’s much more pleasing to listen to than the album one. I’ve always been a fan of such music, and I consider this an example of a high-quality song. I would like to ask you if I can post a fragment of this song on my tik tok account since it is entirely dedicated to music and pieces that need to be added to everyone’s playlist.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2021, 03:36

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't have any social media, so I can't do that, but someone else her might.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2021, 09:24

I kind of enjoy that Pegasus-dudes videos, but I don't know I have managed to sit through any of them til the end. He talks and talk and talks, sometimes without saying much! :D

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2021, 04:12

I like his videos, I don't them all, only the ones of people I like, he presents it very well, and is always informative.
Profile PM 
Bafarett Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2022, 08:27

Mike's music is so cool that I started noticing his fan accounts in tiktok. Has anyone else seen these accounts? They are quite popular and gain a lot of views. I think it's quality tiktok followers because if they used bots, the videos wouldn't get so many views. I hope Mike will become even more popular because of tiktok because this platform helps develop and advertise any track. Mike has a lot of songs that are not popular enough, and I would like to give them a second wind so that people know about these songs.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2022, 22:23

They're probably fake.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: April 25 2022, 18:32

Hello, if you want to promote it on Instagram, you can buy ads and invest in the natural growth of its page. It will take months, but it is the best way to get new followers at a reasonable price. Another method is just using software to increase your Instagram followers number by just one click. If you are interested, visit megafamous.com for more information. They provide such services for a reasonable price. Also, you can get a discount being their new customer. Visit their website for more information.
Happy? Offline

Posted: April 26 2022, 14:05

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Dec. 04 2019, 06:12)
I also prefer this version to the album version. It is available on the official DVD, Live at Montreux 1981.

The 1981 live version is on the 2012 Deluxe issue of QE2 as well. A different live version from 1980 is on the 2011 Deluxe issue of Platinum.

I've always found the album version of Punkadiddle quite boring. It starts very promising, but after verse and chorus it becomes very repetitive. There's no crescendo in it. The live versions add a lot more dynamics and variations, especially the one from 1981.

--------------
I'd rather be... happy?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 29 2022, 04:21

Yes, I agree.
Profile PM 
huatfrida Offline

Posted: June 09 2022, 09:19

I heard about Mike for the first time, and I'm glad the day came to hear about him. He sings very nicely. Fil's reaction is just right. Surely all of us would have such a reaction. Mike conveys so much charisma that you can't help but love his music. Now my playlist will be full of Mike's music. Even more, I will share it with my Instagram followers to find out more about Mike. Even though I have a small community gathered with the help of https://1394ta.org/buy-instagram-followers, they deserve to listen to such beautiful music. Thanks for sharing his music!
Profile PM 
15 replies since Dec. 03 2019, 11:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net