Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Re-recording premier event, DVD, The Tube World< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubular_Bells
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 16 2003, 15:05

"MusicallyInspired" I told you it  :p
:laugh:
telly2 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 16 2003, 16:22

Hello Everyone!
Mike is going to present anew game Tube World. That's cool but has enyone know if it willbe again PC only stuff? I'm Mac user and would like to enjoy playing that game on my machine... Pity that MusiVR isn't multiplatform product  :(
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 05:05

This was much information at the same time!
I think this looks pretty good!

Let's just skip April... :p

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 08:42

Hmmm..my apologies then. Must have been a typo they corrected.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 10:40

Well Tubular Bells was originally released on the 25th May wasn't it, 10 days after Mike's 20th birthday? So May 26th would be the closest to a 30 year anniversary as possible.

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
SCprogfan
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 11:23

If anyone ever hears any definite news of a U.S. release date, please post.  As far as I know, there is still no Tr3s Lunas here, unless you special order it.
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 18:12

a free DVD featuring a video of the single

This single (I wonder which part that'll be) better be distributed in more countries than the last two....

No offence to the Spanish fans of course.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 17 2003, 18:47

Living in Canada (where Tr3s Lunas WAS released...a little later but it was) I think I can relax about getting it without ordering it online or something. It's the DVD I'm worried about since neither the TB2/3 or Berlin 2000 DVDs are Region 1 compatible and therefor not released here. Unless it's released free with the album. That would be good. I just hope they make it Region 1.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Man_in_the_Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2003, 00:43

As there is no such format as Super Audio DVD. I assume Mike meant Super Audio CD (although a SACD is a special kind of DVD). Unfortunately, this limits who can play TB 5.1 greatly. SACD players are at minimum ~$500 US and have maybe 800 titles at most. Truely amazing quality, but just not popular enough to compete with CD's or DVD's. I wished that it would be a DVD video format like DTS, Dolby Digital (mass market). Well, there will always be bootlegs.

The bonus DVD, I would assume to be Region 0 NTSC (in US, CAN...) and Region 0 PAL (in Europe), as U2 did with their latest Best Of... CD. It's the hip thing to do these days to get more sales.

I'm excited for Tube World, but hope it won't segregate ATI video card users for ~6 months like Tr3s Lunas did.

Man_in_the_Rain
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2003, 05:58

Well, I'm afraid Warner will be harder to buy for Sony than EMI (see Dark Side Will be an SACD ), so I would just ignore Mike's 'Super' and leave it 'Audio-DVD' - not very comforting for those (not me) who bought a SACD player for the TB SACD (note that that was Virgin).
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2003, 14:48

I do hope that Mike thinks about doin´a 30th anniversary TB tour,travel around the world,visit a lot of countries and I wish he comes here in Brazil with the tour...I found recentely with a friend(who´s also a big fan of Mike´s) an interview from 92 where he said he wanted to come here in 93...fingers really crossed....

BTW...in 1978 he came here as a tourist and loved it.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2003, 23:32

I wonder what the extras will be on the DVD...maybe the Second House performance of the original? Or a photo gallery of the recording sessions for the old and new versions would be cool as well. A video for the new single, perhaps some live footage of recording demos, an interview, weblink to exclusive content like the original demo...who else is just salivating at the potential of all this???

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2003, 00:22

MIKE OLDFIELD - YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!! :)  My birthday is May 26th.  I will be 27... yippy! :)  You could not have given me a better birthday present than to release the re-recording of Tubular Bells on that day!!!!  Thank you for making it a special birthday with your music!!! :)  JUST PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RELEASE IT ON THAT DAY IN AMERICA... I LIVE THERE.... PLEASE!!!!!!

Christopher

PS.  The new additions and additives are going to make it a must.  Was hoping however that Mike would get a different cover and call it "The Re-Recording" so as to tell the difference between the O-73 and RR-03.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2003, 07:55

I agree completely with Man in the Rain's suggestions above, I would love to see an imaginative well put together package. This could be a brilliant opertunity for Mike to do something really special since we all know the scope of the DVD format and what you can cram into it. I truely hope much more imagination goes into this than has gone into past releases and his now horribly dated and just generaly crap website.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2003, 20:42

Talking of the DVD, what regions will it be in? I hope I will be able to play it in Australia. If I can't I will be very upset. I'm sure the DVD will have cool stuff on it, and I will be angry if I can't play it because of a security thing which I still don't see the point of.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 23 2003, 08:07

Region codes were made so when movies are released on video in one part of the world and not yet released in another country and someone gets a hold of the DVD from the country where it's released, it won't help them because it's the wrong region code so they have to wait until it's released in their country.

I think the MO DVDs should be region free coded though.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2003, 15:00

Of course you can get round all this by decoding your DVD player so it becomes multi-regional which is what a mate of mine did, and it works.

Just don't tell anybody I told you.  ;)
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 23 2003, 16:31

That's what i did to mine...well actually what dad did to his. I told hi myou could and we got an apex off ebay and flashed it and made it region free, rce (or somethn) immune, and macrovision disabled. i later bought a sony dvd rom and flashed that as well.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2003, 07:32

Well,well...

I'd love to see when we're going to hear the single from the new TB,as well as any demo from The Tube World,like he did with Music VR - Tr3s Lunas.

And...if Mike has chosen the place for the premiere and the 5.1 showcase...

I really can't wait....

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ram
Unregistered

Posted: April 08 2003, 10:34

According to http://www.oldfield.de the album will be called TUBULAR BELLS 2003. oldfield.de has got this information from Warner Music Germany.
39 replies since Mar. 14 2003, 12:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net