Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Re-recording premier event, DVD, The Tube World< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 12:38

According to mikeoldfield.com, the re-recording of Tubular Bells will be released on May 26 with a free DVD. The Tube World, a new 3D environment, will be available for download.

THE RE RECORDING
The stereo and the 5.1 mixes of Tubular Bells are finished and we are looking for a venue for the launch and 5.1 premier event. Meanwhile I have been working on The Tube World.

THE TUBE WORLD
The Tube World will be quite different to Tres Lunas in that the landscapes are much bigger and the focus is more on the feel of the visuals and the music. Less focus is on the gameplay although some of the levels will need a fair degree of skill to get through. Much more like a flight simulator! Because of the complexity of the graphics we recommend GeForce 2 or better graphics cards.

The album will be called Tubular Bells, It will have new artwork(the same but clearer and calmer than the wonderful original) The CD version will include a free DVD featuring excerpts of the 5.1 mix, a video of the single, and all the information, pics, etc. The 5.1 will be available as a separate Super Audio DVD. The release will be on MAY 26th 2003 [was 16th], with The Tube World also available around this time. The Tube World will be downloadable from this website, and also mail order.

Off for a mini holiday now!! Mike.

(Thanks, Tubular Bells Brasil Blog)
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 12:40

So, will it be DVD-A or SACD? I'm buying a DVD player very soon and need to know... "5.1 premier event"? Doesn't seem it will be a concert. :( Or maybe a concert with 5.1 surround sound???
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 13:44

Admittedly after all the arguments we've had over it the whole thing does sound like an exciting package, lets hope it's as well put together as it sounds. The Tube world sounds good aswell with more thought going into the quality of the graphics, something which MVR fell down on.

I do hope more than anything that he play's live this year though, if he doesn't it'll be real wasted opertunity even if he only did one big concert here in the UK. It would be worth the effort for everyone.

And lastly I'm glad the cover will be virtualy the same, as he puts it, 'the wonderfull original'. It makes a difference to get it right.

ps How powefull is a G Force 2 graphics card? 64mb? Anyone know?

pps Does anyone know why they have brought forward the launch to the 16th? I reckon it's because the Matrix Reloaded  opens on the 25th and Mike wants to go to the premier. ;)
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 14:28

at last some news about virtual realities...
so... we may have soon a demo of it i guess...

happy... just like a child
yiiiipppeeee
:D

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
mige {iranzo}
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 16:07

Just hope that it has a better artwork that the last ones...

I personally would suggest a 3D-cover such as the Kraftwerk's E X P O 2 0 0 0 one, a real piece of art!, but with the Bell on it and minimalistic white background.

...and pray for good remixes.  :)
Flegmus
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 16:24

What is the 'Super Audio DVD'??
I know only SACD or DVD-audio  :/
Q! Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 17:04

Quote (TOBY @ Mar. 14 2003, 13:44)
ps How powefull is a G Force 2 graphics card? 64mb? Anyone know?

It's kinda old for a video card but not that old. :>. If it is an MX version then the gameplay might be kinda choppy, but otherwise it should be fine.

--------------
http://qisgod.host.sk/
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 19:44

Wow, a week less to wait then! And a free DVD as a bonus! That's great!! =) But what exactly does he mean with "all the information, pics, etc"? Stuff from the recording process, or what?

He could put a lot of nice things on this DVD for the fans. I wish he would take this opportunity to release some rare music, videos, interviews, or whatever to fill this DVD =)  
(The hoover-section for example! He said he was going to release it one way or another)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
Harry H Potter
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 20:58

Lovely!!!!!!!!!!!
Now Mike what about the free download of the original demo you had restored.Or make it available for purchase somehow.

Enjoy the Hol you deserve it!!!!! ;)
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 14 2003, 21:02

I'm excited ;)! These next 2 months are gonna seem like forever.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 04:43

I can´t wait...the new Tubular Bells with a free DVD full of goodies for us...launch party,premiere(do hope so!!!;)...The Tube World...Gog I´m excited...only 2 months and 1 day to go....

IT ROCKS!!!!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Se2ra Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 05:23

I hope the DVD will include the demo tape of Tubular Bells. It's time to listen it.

If Mike doesn't include that tape in this Tubular Bells, perhaps he's planning to include it in another Tubular Bells... IV?
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 07:46

I think this could be the one opertunity for us the fans to actualy influence things a bit. If Mike and his team read these pages, and we know they do, we could put pressure on them to release the demo's on the web or as has been sugested include them on the DVD.

Of course we don't know that he hasn't included them somehow in The Tube World.
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 14:32

excellent news! can't wait! so much to look forward to!

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Cobra2
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 15:56

Wow! thats Soo Cool! I think By the Time I Get to the CD Store, the CD would be Off the Shelves >,< .

Plus! Mike Pushed the Date Ahead (From 25 of May to da 16th).
Still, Cant Wait! :) :) :)
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2003, 20:57

Yes, very exciting! The DVD sounds like it will be good and I am very much looking forward to the release. I just hope I will be able to get it in Australia somehow. I seemed to we waiting forever for Tres Lunas, so I hope I can get it soon after the release!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2003, 11:17

Yes! It's getting near now - i'm very excited about the additional DVD.

Why has he changed the name to the TUBE WORLD? I liked TUBULAR WORLD better (or is it just an abbreviation). It sounds great - MUCH BIGGER - that's what I've been wanting - no irritating barriers!

Roll on the demo :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Tubular_Bells
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 16 2003, 12:16

26 de may, not 16!
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 16 2003, 13:23

I beg to differ.

From the official MO website:
The release will be on MAY 16th 2003

16th of May, not the 26th! :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2003, 13:31

Looks like he either mistyped in the first place, or changed his mind - it now definitely reads (and this is copy-paste from mikeoldfield.com )
'The release will be on MAY 26th 2003'

Andreas :(
Profile PM WEB 
39 replies since Mar. 14 2003, 12:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net