Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Question(s)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 06 2002, 08:45

What would happen if I requested for my registration to be deleted? Would all my posts and topics be deleted as well? Or would that take another request?
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 06 2002, 12:02

The posts would not be deleted. That would take another request. And I think there is no way to change a username. So the old posts would always have TimHighfield as their author.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: May 07 2002, 04:51

But if I wanted to stop posting here, and delete the user, posts and topics, not change username, would that be possible (including however many requests it might take)?
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: May 07 2002, 12:32

Yes, it's possible to delete all posts of a user (not topics, since that would destroy posts by other users too). But I'll think about it before doing it, unless people gives me a good reason. For example, if the user has posted a lot, and some people replied to his post, it would be impossible to understand the discussion if some posts are deleted.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: June 15 2002, 03:50

Why would you ever want to do that?. Yes, I know it's a hypothetical question, but it would be a very silly thing to do.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: June 15 2002, 17:16

I visit a forum where they keep an archive of old discussions, and they do edit those down, so only the posts that the administrators deem most relevant are kept. It can indeed be rather confusing, when there are posts referring to something that isn't there any more.

I can see why someone might want to do have everything erased like that, and I can also see how someone might try to do it to someone else by impersonating them...I'd imagine that things would have to be verified carefully first.
Profile PM 
5 replies since May 06 2002, 08:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net