Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Question about "magic touch", Who really sings it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Watcher of the skies Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 17 2003, 14:27

I always thoght that Max Bacon was singing in "Maigc touch"
I had "Islands" on tape but i lost it few years ago and about 5 months before i had an oportunity to buy it as HDCD remastered cd (up to then Islands were the only MO album that i haven't bought on CD)
after i bought it i read some comments in internet and i was puzzled that some were saying that the version on Us Islands release is sung by Jim Price...but i heard from my friend that Jim has simmilar voice to BAcon and he definitly songs on HDCD version...i am puzzled and confused - please tell me -
1)How many versions of "Magic touch" are existing?
2)who sings on HDCD version and who sings on Us version (with black and white cover)??

--------------
Hillmen are swore of allegiance
living a live of silent dignity
for your protection
only so you don't worry...
your pretty little head!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2003, 17:13

This is what I know [Korgscrew, correct me if I'm wrong... ;)]:

1) Two versions. It was first issued with vocals with Max Bacon all over the world, then some copyright problems arose with his presence on the album outside the US and Jim Price did a new vocal - or maybe it's the other way around, I'm not sure. :) Anyway, the two voices are indeed similar, but their pronunciation differs. Jim sings 'magic' with a straight 'i', while Max sings something closer to 'mageic'.  [Sorry if I can't explain it more clearly - English is not my native language. ;)]

2) US (b & w cover) = Max Bacon; rest of the world (and HDCD) = Jim Price.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Oct. 17 2003, 18:01

i have both the us and rest of the world versions and i didnt notice any difference in the vocal style, now i'll have to listen to them!  :D

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Southside Jimmy Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2019, 17:39

Well Ugo awesome dissection of my Scottish dialect :-)
Profile PM 
3 replies since Oct. 17 2003, 14:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net