Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Problems problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Bones Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 01 2004, 15:20

I try to run the demo, it loads ok, but when i come to play it, the game suffers from jerky movements and wont run as smoothly as im sure it should.  Im using WinMe with a Rage Fury Accelerator card.  Can anyone help at all?

--------------
Amarokin' All Over the World

"Music is at its best when listened to in the dark"
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: June 01 2004, 18:07

Hmm. I'm no expert on the matter, you might get better results posting on Mike's board

But I used to own a 32mb ATI Xpert card. The demo of TL that I was running back then didn't work too smoothly despite my reasonable processor speed and 512mb RAM.

I now have a 256mb ATI Radeon 9600. Both TL and Maestro run perfectly. I guess its the amount of video memory, or having an up-to-date graphics card that is the key here.

I'm not a gamer myself so have no big need for fancy graphics cards. I think any card within the last year or so should do the job
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: June 02 2004, 06:12

Well, face it, a Rage Fury isn't really worth being called 'accelerator' any more by current standards. Any current Radeon or Geforce card you will find in a shop for 50-60 US$/EUR will be miles ahead and sufficient for smooth gameplay in both Treslunas and Maestro.
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since June 01 2004, 15:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net