Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Pres de toi !, Life is bizarre !< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 01 2009, 07:42

This morning , i was surfing in the web and i listened to some Mike's tracks , on Deezer.com and i decided to take my guit and i've played a bit on Pres de toi ... Then , late in the morning , i've seen on google news that the the last survivor of Titanic tragedy , Millvina Dean has passed away yesterday . This religious song had a great success after the tragedy ! And this is only today i've realized that i knew this song very well because i sung it when i was a young altar boy at the Mass !
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: June 01 2009, 14:37

Yeah, I saw that story in the middle of the night while at work last night. 1200 people, and she was the last.....the story said something about her being put in a "package". I thought it was women and children first.......but what was sad, they were going to start a "tobaccanist" shop in America. Only to be turned around to end up back in the same place.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: June 01 2009, 15:04

French TV news has talked about his story ! Yes ! Saved after being put in a package at 2 months old ! In the end of his life she had to sell all his Titanic mementos to pay his retirement home ! L.Dicaprio was been so sad about this that he has tried to help her financially .
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: June 01 2009, 18:34

I read about her last night, also.  Very sad.

It is very heartening to know that several people connected with the movie opened up their wallets for her.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 01 2009, 19:11

As far as I remember, the song (with its English title, "Nearer my God to Thee" - in Italy we know it as "Noi ti amiam, Signor" - "We do love You, Lord") was actually played on the Titanic by the small onboard orchestra. The soundtrack CD of James Cameron's film includes two versions of it.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
4 replies since June 01 2009, 07:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net