Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Portsmouth Today interview Mike, about facebook campaign for No. 1 spot< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 05 2010, 07:13

The local UK newspaper Portsmouth Today has published an article about the Facebook campaign to get Mikes single Portsmouth high into the UK charts again.

The article includes an interview with Mike where he talks about hoping to watch the football teams cup final which inspired the campaign.

Thanks, Chris Simmons

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 05 2010, 07:26

Poor Portsmouth, sent into administration, deducted a stack of point's, knocked out of the premier league and in the final of the FA Cup, what a year.
I think lifting the cup may help as much as one of our favourite tunes getting back in the charts.
Crisis may have been more apt.
Anyway, GO Portsmouth :)

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 07:48

I love the Portsmouth tune and ( not surprisingly ) Mike says he is supporting Portsmouth for the Cup .......... but I'm a Chelsea fan !! What do I do ? !!

I suppose if Chelsea are to lose then Portsmouth is the only other club I would wish to win the FA Cup  considering the crisis they are going through right now and they are coached by an ex-Chelsea Manager ..Avram Grant !

:)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: May 05 2010, 15:52

:/ Yeah , i've heard this news on French radio this morning ! So you see , we even speak about this in France ! Ready for the cup but not in premier league next season !
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: May 07 2010, 07:22

Play up Pompey!!

My word, I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see Chelsea lose the FA cup final, as Liverpool can't do the job it'll have to be Portsmouth. In fact liverpool have an under 18 goalkeeper by the name of Oldield, perhaps he should put in for a transfer to Pompey.

These facebook campaigns do occasionally work, can't see it happening this time though sadly.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: May 07 2010, 19:12

Quote (Matt @ May 05 2010, 07:13)
The local UK newspaper Portsmouth Today has published an article about the Facebook campaign to get Mikes single Portsmouth high into the UK charts again.

The article includes an interview with Mike where he talks about hoping to watch the football teams cup final which inspired the campaign.

Thanks, Chris Simmons

You know  I moved to Portsmouth a few months back but it has been recently that song has come into mind constantly whenever I've gone into the city centre.

' Portsmouth News' seems to be a good newspaper ;quite ethical;  glad they did the article.

So you know what to do guys and girls, next time you hear the tune be ready to dance around like the ladies on the Portsmouth Music video.  Id like to see footballers do that one- not. :D
Profile PM 
gths Offline

Posted: May 07 2010, 22:20

Seems like timely too since "Portsmouth" is popping up on the Ommadawn reissue next month.

And the video! That used to intrigue me as a very small kid because the ABC here in Australia used to show it to fill gaps in their afternoon kids programming along with other video clips like Fleetwood Mac's Tusk and Roger Glover's Butterfly Ball, which was and still is absolutely terrifying. At least the dancing ladies were kind of soothing.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: May 08 2010, 04:49

Short radio interview :-

Mike's interview

:)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 05:45

Hey, nice interview that. I wonder how "Portsmouth" is doing in the charts?

I'll be rooting for Portsmouth in the final this afternoon - the underdog - but they played a blinder semi-final against Spurs  :O   :O  :O

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: May 15 2010, 19:31

Er....they lost.
Profile PM WEB 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 16 2010, 05:01

:/  yeah - Portsmouth played well but couldn't knock in goal.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: May 16 2010, 10:52

A most predictable victory for damn Chelski, I was gutted! I'd love to see neither Man Utd or Chelski win anything next year. Don't think Portsmouth even charted in the top 40!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
11 replies since May 05 2010, 07:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net