Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Portsmouth Signed single, Is this for real? How can I be sure?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dartmoor Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 05 2017, 15:48

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/401251896843?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Greetings everyone,
I was wondering if there is a way to know for sure that Mike Oldfield signed this single?
The seller seems to sell a lot of autographed items.
I compared the autograph with autographed items on Google images and it seems alike, but I guess there is no way to be sure?
Maybe the start bidding price is a little low?
I just hope that if it's real I didn't start a bidding race with my post?  :)

--------------
So if you feel a little glum
To Hergest Ridge you should come
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 05 2017, 20:03

I suppose, as he says he got it in Paris, you could quiz him about exactly when and where to see if the story adds up. That's about the only way I can think that it might be possible to verify it, but it's hardly going to be concrete proof unless they had someone take a photo of him doing it (it's not like it would be very hard to look through the tours section here to find a suitable date to say he'd done it! ).

Mike's signature varies so much that sometimes you'd not believe it was a real one if you didn't have other evidence (like some of the signed editions Universal has released). The more I look at this one next to others, the more I find aspects to wonder about (like the very sharp point on the top of the M where it's normally more rounded, and the little loop in the k), but I'm far from an expert...and it does look like it was done quickly (judging by the varying pen pressure) rather than being laboured over by someone trying to copy it, plus the seller seems to be an autograph dealer and has a perfect feedback rating.

It looks a whole lot more like Mike's usual than this :O  - http://www.mike-oldfield.es/verfoto.asp?id=1487
Profile PM 
Dartmoor Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 06 2017, 08:44

Thank you for your answer!
Yes, it is kinda hard comparing Mike Oldfield autographs when they are so different from each other.
I guess the seller seems reliable since he has a 100% feedback profile and seems to sell a lot of autographed items.
And you are right: there is no harm in writing him to ask where and when he got the autograph.
The autograph in the link you shared looks very strange indeed
:)

--------------
So if you feel a little glum
To Hergest Ridge you should come
Profile PM 
2 replies since Jan. 05 2017, 15:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net