Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: PM Feature< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 01:27

I've noticed that private messages in my inbox disappear after a while. How long are they supposed to remain, and is there a way to save them?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 03:34

You get private messages?? Why don't I get private messages? Who do I have to pay??

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 03:55

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Aug. 18 2007, 08:34)
Why don't I get private messages?

You do.
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 06:03

Awww... thanks Guys! I was only joking, but now I feel really special! :D :D :D

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 10:32

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Aug. 18 2007, 11:03)
Awww... thanks Guys!

Well, we could hardly have asked you to lend us ten pounds in public, could we?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 12:59

I've now created an extra folder through the 'preferences' tab, which I've labeled 'archive'. I guess we'll find out if the messages I move there stay there or eventually disappear.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2007, 14:47

Oops. Looks like they can disappear from a new folder, too. Ah well, it's no biggie. I'm not a social butterfly - I'm just possessive of my PMs.  :D

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2007, 15:59

Quote (Sweetpea @ Aug. 24 2007, 19:47)
Looks like they can disappear from a new folder, too.

They didn't last long, did they? A week? That seems a bit over-zealous on the part of the forum machinery!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2007, 01:43

Well, since I'd neglected to take note of the datestamps, I'm unsure of how long they'd sat in my inbox before I moved them. I'm guessing there's maybe a two-week shelf-life for PMs? But then, I didn't check my 'archive' folder every day, so who knows how long ago those messages got zapped? It may very well be one week after all. Okay, I need to stop thinking about this.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2007, 05:11

Ah! A perfect candidate for the Quotes thread.....
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 25 2007, 12:08

I think I can help you here: they last for 30 days. There is unfortunately no way of stopping them disappearing...the board giveth and the board taketh away...

I normally save a copy of things to my hard disk if there's something I might want to refer to later.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2007, 13:48

LOL, Alan, I've learned to heed the warning signs - grinding gears and smoke mean it's time to just let the matter go.

I think 30 days is reasonable, Korgscrew. It's taken me awhile to become accustomed to Ikonboard since most of my experience has been with ezboard, and there are many features here that I like.

Quote (Korgscrew @ Aug. 25 2007, 12:08)
the board giveth and the board taketh away...

There's a certain god-like comfort to that. No sacrilege intended towards The Church of MO.

--------------
Profile PM 
11 replies since Aug. 18 2007, 01:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net