Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Playing on line, port forwarding< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gary1eye Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 13 2013, 18:45

Welcome to the world of Musicvr
To get the game running on windows 7/8 you have to make sure that your router has the correct portal open. To do this you will need to go to http://portforward.com/ after selecting your language click on router at the bottom of the page and find you’re made of router. Click on it a page will pop up saying you have to pay just close the page and the list of routers made by the Manufacturer of your router will be show. Click on your model because Musicvr is not on the list just click on any name on the list and the page will show you how to get into your router. Stoll down until you see advanced settings follow the instructions until you see ADD NEW GAME OR APPLICATION in the space type musicvr and in the protocol space made sure that TCP is showing (if you also have a protocol with UDP in it leave this as you only have to forward the TCP portal only) In the PORT RANGE put in number 45321 in both places and in the TRANSLATE TO put in number 45321 again in both places and then click on add and then apply. To check if you have done this correctly you can download the PFPortcheck program for free http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
Install the program put in 45321 and sure the dot in the TCP and click the check tag if you have done this right it will tell you that the port is open. And it will also tell you you’re IP address.
Finally right click on the tres lunas short cut on your desktop and click on properties then click on the compatibility tab and run the game in windows xp service pack 3 mode. This worked for me and should work for you
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: July 14 2013, 05:50

Thanks Gary. There doesn't seem to be anything fundamentally different here, compared with what we used to do, but I do now have it working (I think). At any rate, if I use  canyouseeme.org to check port 45321, it says it's OPEN.

Here's an important addition to your instructions though: make sure the game is running AND is running as a server, before you use the port checking tool.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: July 16 2013, 12:04

Didn't seem to work for me. I have a Virgin Media netgear router, butthe screens look slightly different to the one on portforward.com. I thing I set up port forwarding,and on another screen the trigger (translate) settings.

But camyouseeme.org says no joy  :(

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: July 20 2013, 11:33

Quote (Alan D @ July 14 2013, 10:50)
Here's an important addition to your instructions though: make sure the game is running AND is running as a server, before you use the port checking tool.

Hi Alan yes you do need to have the game running to check if the portal is open with canyousee.org but with portforward.com port check you can check any portal any time with or without the game running.
Gary ;)
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: July 20 2013, 11:46

Quote (olracUK @ July 16 2013, 17:04)
Didn't seem to work for me. I have a Virgin Media netgear router, butthe screens look slightly different to the one on portforward.com. I thing I set up port forwarding,and on another screen the trigger (translate) settings.

But camyouseeme.org says no joy  :(

Hi Andy I have the bt home hub 3 which like yourself is not show on the portforward.com web site. I look at the last model in my case this is home hub 2 and followed the guide. Once you are in the advanced setting just look for the portal forwarding tab and go from there.

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
4 replies since July 13 2013, 18:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net