Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: platinum i'd have like to hear< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bluemlein Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 01 2020, 22:08

the main musical line open up with the fantastic blowing of saxophonist dick heckstall-smith - but he has left us. there are times when playing an oldfield work on instruments other than the intended can be bliss - then again, the conventional orchestra and  tubular bells - not really. saxophone is an essentially joyous instrument (except when it is made to sound sad) that could enlarge upon the joyous elements of the composition.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2020, 04:36

The irony is, Mike said many times in the past that he didn't like the sound of the saxophone, and yet he made the guitar play like a saxophone on the Guitars album.
Profile PM 
bluemlein Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2020, 09:27

you can probably hear it in your head, as i do. being a writer i understand the unwillingness to permit others to touch one's creation, or even suggest variations. but it doesn't stop people frooom making suggestions - often the same ones, again and again ;)
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Sep. 02 2020, 19:35

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Sep. 02 2020, 04:36)
The irony is, Mike said many times in the past that he didn't like the sound of the saxophone, and yet he made the guitar play like a saxophone on the Guitars album.

Perhaps he was trying to represent something he didn't like.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Sep. 01 2020, 22:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net