Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: PLAN 1 studio in Munich for next album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 12 2002, 17:43

Of course, after reading the equipment list for Plan 1, I realise that Mike's true reason for going there was so that he could record tracks featuring the studio's Bontempi organ.
Profile PM 
Pendleburn Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 15 2002, 10:53

The plot thickens. Mike has been seen in Garmisch which is v. near Munich so maybe he is trying to get new ideas for his next album or has a new German girlfriend.
Profile PM 
Osiris Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2002, 05:30

I'm quite disappointed, and I think that there won't be any updates of the mvr site. 4 months without any news on that site, that's too long, a serious site wouln't have wait so long time without giving news frequently... I think that mvr will be find on mike's next album, but no more news will be given on the mvr site. what do you think about it ?...
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 22 2002, 07:03

If you're waiting for news/anything on MusicVR, the Mike Oldfield Information Service (Dark Star) has been saying that it will be posting an exclusive piece soonish. So it's more likely that the next lot of news to do with MVR will be on that site rather than the MVR site.

Tim.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 27 2002, 14:45

Maybe There is no record nor multimedia company disposed to publish Mvr, Mike mentioned this problem some time ago, so this can be the reason why there is no new information about Mvr. Moreover, we don´t know if Mike is now under a new recording contract or not.One thing is sure, I think that after supporting Mike´s career for many years and buying everything with his name on it, we deserve a little more information. Don,t you agree, Mike?
Let´s be patient, Mike´s superb music is always worth waiting a bit.
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2002, 14:05

I agree that we should give Mike some time. Looking at Guitars and Millenium Bell, they were just done too quickly. About his record-label: it was rumored (i don't know if it is confirmed) that Mike joined Virgin again. "The best of Tubular Bells" was released by Virgin, so maybe it's true.

Anyway, I think it is like this: Mike will be releasing Music VR, than a new album, and than the re-record of Tubular Bells. Just my opinion.

And I really hope they will create a new, really awesome-looking bell. Maybe with computer graphics, or with a real statue (which may look better). I really was dissapointed with the bell from "Best of Tubular Bells". They just cut out the bell from TB1 album and pasted it on black background, obviously done by an amateur photoshop user. You can even see the blue colors and light at the edges of the bell.*sigh*
With the MB they just used the bell from TB3. Also dissapointing. So I really hope for a new, re-designed bell done by a professional (maybe by the orginal TB1 bell creator)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 31 2002, 14:54

About the 'best of' cover, I'm not sure, but perhaps, since the music on the CD are extracts of the Tubular Bells series, they wanted to do the same with the cover, and cut and paste an extract of the cover, so it's consistent with the music.
Profile PM 
Dragon Lord Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 10:25

reply to Blue Dolphin:

I don't think Guitars was finished to early....you just have to sit down and take your time for it....

--------------
MO rules!
Profile PM WEB 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 12:15

I agree,i don't think Guitars was done to quickly,Mike said that he just wanted to make an album using only the guitar,and as he is a great guitarist,and that is all he had to worry about,then it's obvious that it would be done quickly.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 13:59

Oke, Guitars isn't that bad. I really listened a lot to it when it was released. Just have to take my time to listen to it again. I'm somebody who is in the mood for an album, listening to it for like 2 weeks, then listening to another album with the same time etc... etc...

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Osiris Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 15:53

Yeaaaaaaah !! finally MVR will be available on may 27th with Mike's album called "Tres Lunas". and it will be downloadable too. But one bad thing is that if you want the whole MVR, you'll have to download it a pay it with credit card...
Very good news in fact, after 2 years waiting for it, it will be soon available. smile smile smile smile
Profile PM 
Melomaniac Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 18:09

Thank you Mike for answering my request( under name Jose j Conde in this forum). Now we have new and good information. I hope new good music in sight.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2002, 19:02

Where did you dig upp this info. It says nothing on the MVR website????? Oh my dear do I long for May 27 now or what??????

Happy days are here again!!!

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2002, 08:16

see ya in 27th may...

...114 days remaining!!!

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
33 replies since Jan. 06 2002, 09:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net