[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: pictures< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bevy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 26 2009, 09:21

Quote (Harmono @ Feb. 19 2009, 22:02)
MO would look quite different if he still had all that hair.

Realistic photo manipulation? No. But you get the picture.

@Scatterplot: Ted Nugent and hippies.  :laugh:

Hahaha that has made my day  :D
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2009, 22:29

Well, I did a heck of a lot of moving furniture today........working my way to my new dwellings on 4-01. I took a break to get on here earlier today which accidentally led me to a site(not in English, I think an Italian MO fan site) that featured a nude photo of MO holding an LP like a discus thrower. I'm not gonna insult his dignity by putting any link up, but it looked like a fake, the face was not right. But it had clear words "Mike Oldfield" on the side of the photo. My first thought was "this is not Mike's style, he wouldn't do this, maybe John Lennon, but not Mike". My second thought was......if he did do this, just who got him drunk enough to do it? But I think it's fake. My question is: has anyone on this site ever come across the pic I described? Just curious cuz I'm a fan of his MUSIC and don't want his image tainted for me. I always want to remember him as very dignified. Your's in clothing,
                                              James

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2009, 22:43

On Changeling,Mike did discuss about the nude pix he had taken during Incantations' time,to represent his "rebirth" after Exegesis seminar.

"I even appeared nude in Sounds magazine; I still occasionally see that picture on the internet."
- Mike Oldfield, Changeling(hardback),p. 208.

It's a pure artistic nude photo,no X-rated stuff...as a female fan who also admires Mike's "other" talents,it's quite interesting to see...better stop here  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2009, 23:20

So the picture is valid? It looked to me like the face of another guy with a similar haircut.....just "fooling around". Well, I guess that's funny in a way. The dude was in his 20's, I guess he had a right to be horny. I did some pics and actual flicks in my day, but only one is in existance today and archived in a .rar file encrypted with a password no one could crack.....hehh....hehehehhhhh. Good laugh on a Saturday night. Plus, I'm 19.6% towards getting the hell out of here! A good day's work Jim!

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2009, 23:31

Jesus Christ Tati, you actually put it up! I know you and Deb have the hots for this guy, but let's preserve his dignity! The Voyager pics are one thing......oh hell, have your fun.....Jim signing off. I'm actually having female company 2-nite so whatever. Spring break is turning out to be quite productive and pleasant, and enlightening. I just......can't wait to get out of here on April 1!!! Y'all don't know what a mistake it was to move into this shit-hole!
Goodnight Tubes!
Jimbo

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2009, 05:00

Looking good - it's the pose of an athlete preparing to throw the discus - winding the discus around the body with arms out like the propellers of a helicopter.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 15 2009, 11:48

Quote (Scatterplot @ Mar. 15 2009, 02:31)
Jesus Christ Tati, you actually put it up! I know you and Deb have the hots for this guy, but let's preserve his dignity!

There are some other stuff which I find it worse to Mike's diginty than the nude pictures...go read here at the end of the article - it's type of thing that there's no need to get it exposed on the media...and the original article on the subject is disgusting  :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 15 2009, 11:54

Back on topic,I was impressed when Mike decided to shave his hairdo during TB 2003 days...it took me a while to get used to it,but nowadays,I think it's soo charming  :laugh:

Here's one of those pics...

Click to enlarge image
Click to enlarge image

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 03:43

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Mar. 14 2009, 22:43)
On Changeling,Mike did discuss about the nude pix he had taken during Incantations' time,to represent his "rebirth" after Exegesis seminar. "I even appeared nude in Sounds magazine; I still oc

:O those photos were very tastefully done, mike was fit, strong and very sexy but not x rated at all, we girls do appreciate shots like these, you boys have your girlie mags, lol, deb
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 03:52

:p hey tati, just love the short hair on mike, and guys he is sooo dignified in amarni, @ scatterplot, have a great time and a smooth move, happier days are acoming, my friend, deb
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 04:31

Thanks Deb. I made more progress today. I really thought the photo I found was a fake, but I'm glad to see you all are getting a rise out of it. The one I found was at a different angle, but much the same. I won't post the image, but only the address. For your pleasure:

http://www.cinziaricci.it/filmes....age.jpg

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 14:19

Quote (Scatterplot @ Mar. 16 2009, 10:31)
http://www.cinziaricci.it/filmes....age.jpg

But hey. This is discus, an ancient sport from the ancient Greece. Ancient Greece, although not perfect, was pretty cool in many ways. The Greek didn't make a fuss about nudity, they just hung around. And the climate was hot back then in Greece and it still is so actually it's weird and lame that they're not naked right now. You have to understand the context. The Greek also invented logic, the same thing I apply here in this post.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 14:46

But they didn't invent(or throw) LP records. Gee I wonder who will find out first what the LP title is?

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 14:50

It's Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep by Middle of the Road.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 15:01

There are 2 different records used in the photos. I think the one on sound magazine is either TB1 or Incantations. There are no blank bands separating track, so it's one long side. The resolution of both is poor, but it looks like TB1. The 2nd photo has 7-8 tracks on it, most look short. The label is drak(black or blue like Capitol). Could be anything. Since the label looks beat up, I'm gonna venture an early Beatles LP. Well that was a good lil' break. Back to shampooing carpet.............

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 15:03

You sure? Can you read it? Are u talking the magazine pic or the stand alone pic?

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 15:19

Quote (Scatterplot @ Mar. 16 2009, 21:03)
You sure? Can you read it? Are u talking the magazine pic or the stand alone pic?

I can't read it to be honest. Could be Richard Branson Sings Merry Christmas for all I know.
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 17:57

Quote (ex member 419 @ Mar. 16 2009, 06:43)
those photos were very tastefully done, mike was fit, strong and very sexy but not x rated at all, we girls do appreciate shots like these, you boys have your girlie mags, lol, deb

Yeah Deb,girls do wanna have fun with this type of pictures...and I was impressed with the quantity of pics of Mike which features something else on the web...

Sounds interesting for its purpose:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/5263.jpg

What a wonderful swimming pool in Spain,way back in 99:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/6707.JPG

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2009, 20:48

Here's one with the '61 strat that was mentioned a while back. I don't think it's in the photo gallery.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2009, 07:05

:p thanks for the links tati, drool, drool, oh yeah, and scatterplot you are a real gent to post more mike eye candy...theres that strat, yanouch i saw this pic first lol, deb
Profile PM 
70 replies since Oct. 23 2006, 08:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net