Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Picture of the Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 04 2009, 18:00

@ Blue Dolphin: as far as I remember, the TB2003 bell image is CG as well, while the TB3 bell is real - it was made by a company called Model Solutions, and there was a rumour at the time stating it was silver. I never found out whether it was true or not. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 06 2009, 04:36

Quote (Ugo @ May 05 2009, 00:00)
@ Blue Dolphin: as far as I remember, the TB2003 bell image is CG as well, while the TB3 bell is real - it was made by a company called Model Solutions, and there was a rumour at the time stating it was silver. I never found out whether it was true or not. :)

Yes, I know the TB 2003 is a 3D graphics model.  ;) Sorry! I realise I was not entirely clear in my explanation; I like the original bell because it was real, but I also like the TB2 and TB2003 bell despite the fact it was made in 3D graphics.

That rumour about the TB3 bell is new for me. I also thought it was made on the computer, but the reflections on the bell are very real.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 07 2009, 08:40

On the inside cover there is a picture of the model in a mock up art exhibition so it definately was made.Never heard about it being silver though.Interesting.A bit like the silver TB pendant i bought for my wife at the NEC gig.The company also made a model of the boat 'thing' originally drawn by Nick Mason on the cover on Relics by Pink Floyd.I actually prefer the orginal drawing to the re-issue cover.
Incidently i have read in Changling that the original Bell was made by Trevor Key and didn't have a back on it,except for the bits that show.And Tom Newman described it as a beautiful thing about 2 feet across and he also hinted about it being parially backless.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: May 07 2009, 14:50

As far as I can remember, there was a post-party after the HorseGuards Parade concert in a nearby place, and the TB3 bell was there inside a plastic box.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 12 2009, 08:50

Quote (The Caveman @ May 07 2009, 14:40)
On the inside cover there is a picture of the model in a mock up art exhibition so it definately was made.Never heard about it being silver though.Interesting.A bit like the silver TB pendant i bought for my wife at the NEC gig.The company also made a model of the boat 'thing' originally drawn by Nick Mason on the cover on Relics by Pink Floyd.I actually prefer the orginal drawing to the re-issue cover.
Incidently i have read in Changling that the original Bell was made by Trevor Key and didn't have a back on it,except for the bits that show.And Tom Newman described it as a beautiful thing about 2 feet across and he also hinted about it being parially backless.

In what year was that NEC concert? I've never seen a TB pendant as merchandise before. The then and now tour in 1999 in Rotterdam which I attended only sold t-shirts and the booklets.  :/

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: May 12 2009, 09:12

I was at the NEC concert in Birmingham - 14.7.1999. Hard to believe it's nearly 10 years ago. Funny, but I don't recall the merchandise at all - I'm sure I must have looked.

Have retained a photographic memory of the concert - particularly the Ommadawn section...

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: May 12 2009, 14:45

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ May 12 2009, 13:50)
The then and now tour in 1999 in Rotterdam which I attended only sold t-shirts and the booklets.  :/

I remember the same at The Point in Dublin.
Profile PM 
26 replies since April 27 2009, 19:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net