Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Perhaps Mike Oldfield, Has gone to the Great Pixie< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 02 2021, 22:18

We haven't heard from Mr O for a while. It's a terrible thing to suggest... and I'll only hint at it... But perhaps he's gone to the Great Pixie?  :O
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2021, 04:20

Oh don't even think that! I do hope he is okay. If he is (hopefully) enjoying a happy retirement, I wish him well. His body of work is enough for any mere mortal! But if he has retired, I just wish he had made some kind of farewell announcement first - I would have been happy with that, and it would have stopped all the speculation about what he is up to.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2021, 04:37

I am sure he is fine, the whole build up to the 50th anniversary of Tubular Bells starts now, so I would guess we will be hearing a lot from him over the coming months.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2021, 20:22

It's interesting, though, that he is such a recluse that he could well go to the Great Pixie and have his estate carry on his affairs - even release prerecorded albums - after the event, and no one would ever know.
Profile PM 
tarquincat Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2021, 10:18

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Aug. 04 2021, 04:37)
I am sure he is fine, the whole build up to the 50th anniversary of Tubular Bells starts now, so I would guess we will be hearing a lot from him over the coming months.

I'd like to think so, but the London concerts apparently backed by him start next week & we haven't heard a peep....
Profile PM 
GraceTheCow Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2021, 17:54

Quote (tarquincat @ Aug. 06 2021, 10:18)
Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Aug. 04 2021, 04:37)

I'd like to think so, but the London concerts apparently backed by him start next week & we haven't heard a peep....

One of the blurbs from the TB London concerts has a “Mike says” from him - formulaic stuff about how pleased he is that it’s being performed live again and so forth. It looks very much like a written statement, possibly by a publicist.
Pure speculation, but my guess is that he’s either losing interest and happy to be retired, or isn’t in the best of health.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 10 2021, 18:32

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
6 replies since Aug. 02 2021, 22:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net