Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Paul Hardcastle, 19< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Punkadiddle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 15:50

Is it true that Mike Oldfield worked with Paul Hardcastle on his no 1 track 19 or is it another Oldfield, Terry perhaps
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2004, 18:08

It isn't Terry, but Mike - although he didn't really work with Paul 'Sample Wizard' Hardcastle. :) He is only credited because the main synth tune on "19" [or maybe the only real tune on the song? :)] is similar to TB's Finale.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Dec. 20 2015, 15:06

...or better 'cause of the fact that Mr. O. wa hardly in need of some attention once more...or even money?

id the controversy about the ‘Tubular Bells’ melody dampen things for you?

Not really, MIKE OLDFIELD’s main thing was he wanted his name on the record. It goes into the legal side of things but at that time, I could earn more doing a remix than worrying about going to court. In the end, my publishers just said “he doesn’t want too much, just put his name on there for a while and give him a bit of an override” which we said we’d give to the Vietnam Veterans anyway. ‘Tubular Bells’ would have been the last thing I would have sampled…it was a good record in its time but there was no way I even thought of it. When someone said it to me, I was like “not really, not at all”!

http://www.electricity-club.co.uk/paul-hardcastle-interview/

reminds me of these people who hear "bells" everywhere. what about claiming AC/DC plagiatism for their "Hells Bells", Blondie for the bells in "Maria" etc.?

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 23 2015, 13:14

It was more likely to be Virgin's publishing department (who were probably getting more from Mike's poor contract at the time than Mike was).

The rumour was in the 80s that Virgin had a team of people that would just listen to all the new releases just to see if there was anything from Tubular Bells that had been "accidentally" ripped off.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Jan. 08 2004, 15:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net