Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Patiently Waiting for Region 1, at least I've got my CD to keep me warm< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 04 2007, 17:49

As far as I know, this concert isn't available for region 1, and I'm a bit mopey about that. I vaguely recall watching it on PBS many years ago, and being enthralled by it all.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
onion Offline

Posted: May 04 2007, 19:49

Quote (Sweatpea @ May 04 2007, 23:49)
As far as I know, this concert isn't available for region 1, and I'm a bit mopey about that. I vaguely recall watching it on PBS many years ago, and being enthralled by it all.

Well you could buy a 2. region dvd and then download free software to fool your computers dvd drive to play it in region 1. and if you have the skills, you can rip the dvd to your hardisk and burn on a new dvd with region 1 settings, then you can play it on your dvd player connected to your tv.

Try and google it.   :cool:

Every fan of MO should own TBII concert in Edinburgh, it´s a masterpiece of a concertperformance.

Mike

--------------
Are soft boiled eggs supposed to make a crunchy noise when you eat them?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 04 2007, 20:16

Thanks for that info, onion. I had no idea that was possible. It sounds a little naughty! LOL. I'm afraid my skills are pretty minimal, but I'll look into it. As my "Exposed" DVD should be arriving in another week, I don't mind waiting a little longer, but I really love the TBII music and it would be great to finally be able to see that performance again after so many years.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: May 05 2007, 00:08

Or you can reset your DVD to multi-region using the hidden code inside the DVD player. This is not illegal, and if you want details, you can find them by searching the internet from legitimate websites for each specific DVD player.
Profile PM 
onion Offline

Posted: May 05 2007, 16:11

Quote (Marky @ May 05 2007, 06:08)
Or you can reset your DVD to multi-region using the hidden code inside the DVD player. This is not illegal, and if you want details, you can find them by searching the internet from legitimate websites for each specific DVD player.

Yeah I forgot....a reset on your dvd will work as well...
If you´re not into messing little about electronics...you can go to your local electronic store (not the big supermarkets) and for a few bucks let the store do the reset for you. easy and quick

Mike

--------------
Are soft boiled eggs supposed to make a crunchy noise when you eat them?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 08 2007, 14:49

Does anyone make all-region players? And can one buy them in the US?

--------------
Profile PM 
5 replies since May 04 2007, 17:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net