Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Passed you by< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mirwais57 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 03 2002, 05:18

i think that passed you by would have to be my favourite rarity, over Don Alfonso. The singer in it is Phil Beer and I think he has a cool voice.

Don Alfonso is really wicked as well. it has cool guitar bits. i've only heard the long version of it but that has a wicked guitar solo at the end, does the normal version have this solo?

I know that Don Alfonso was released as a single but was Passed you by released Anywhere apart from bootlegs? I've downloaded it from a site which had the bootleg "I met a sweet senora in barcelona" for full download. I've made a CD-R of that bootleg.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 03 2002, 15:49

Just to add some info here, 'Passed You By' was a song of Phil Beer's, which Mike produced. Phil Beer plays guitar as well as singing on the track.
The song was released on a compilation, which was I think sold for charity, and called 'Where would you rather be tonight?'.
Phil Beer also played guitar with Mike on his 1979 tour.

More information can be found at www.philbeer.co.uk
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2007, 12:55

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 03 2002, 15:49)
Just to add some info here, 'Passed You By' was a song of Phil Beer's, which Mike produced. Phil Beer plays guitar as well as singing on the track.
The song was released on a compilation, which was I think sold for charity, and called 'Where would you rather be tonight?'.
Phil Beer also played guitar with Mike on his 1979 tour.

More information can be found at TARGET=_blank>www.philbeer.co.uk

Did Mike play on this track at all?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2007, 18:21

@ imhotep: according to YAMOWS, Mike played everything except the acoustic guitar, which was played by Phil Beer.

I have the song in FLAC. If anyone is interested, PM me. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2007, 19:55

Moving off-topic slightly...

Phil has been playing in the band "Show of Hands" for a few years now. A folk/rock/roots band that are bloody good. The are pretty low key, but still sell out the Royal Albert Hall for a few nights every year.

I would recommend them to everyone. Check their MySpace page

But last week the band had to cancel a few gigs as Steve Knightley's son was diagnosed with Leukaemia cancer. Phil will still be taking the band on the road, and if they are playing near you - SEE THEM!

Oh - it helps that Phil lives near me, bit I always seem to miss their local gigs.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Dec. 03 2007, 03:22

"Where Would You Rather Be Tonight" was released on LP in the UK in 1986 on Sunrise (A40111M) as a benefit album for the Broadreach House, a rehabilitation centre for drug addicts and alcoholics. None of the tracks on this album appear on any other album. Unfortunately, the venue and date of the performances is not given.

[

The track featured on the bootleg "I Met A Sweet Senora In Barcelona" was transferred in the early nineties from a cassette player which was running significantly too fast. The same applies to the bootleg "The Sorcerer" which is just a copy of the aforementioned.

Phil and Mike recorded two tracks during a session shortly after the 1979 Exposed tour: "Passed You Buy" and "Sit You Down". "Sit You Down" can be found on Phil Beer's "Official Bootleg One", released on CD in 2000.

:p
Profile PM 
imhotep Offline

Posted: Dec. 03 2007, 06:03

Quote (manintherain @ Dec. 03 2007, 03:22)
"Where Would You Rather Be Tonight" was released on LP in the UK in 1986 on Sunrise (A40111M) as a benefit album for the Broadreach House, a rehabilitation centre for drug addicts and alcoholics. None of the tracks on this album appear on any other album. Unfortunately, the venue and date of the performances is not given.

[

The track featured on the bootleg "I Met A Sweet Senora In Barcelona" was transferred in the early nineties from a cassette player which was running significantly too fast. The same applies to the bootleg "The Sorcerer" which is just a copy of the aforementioned.

Phil and Mike recorded two tracks during a session shortly after the 1979 Exposed tour: "Passed You Buy" and "Sit You Down". "Sit You Down" can be found on Phil Beer's "Official Bootleg One", released on CD in 2000.

:p

Could anyone upload 'sit you down'?
Profile PM 
ronniethepict Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2007, 11:47

I have two vinyl copies of this album - both in EX/EX condition. I was contemplating putting them on eBay next week.
Profile PM 
7 replies since April 03 2002, 05:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net