Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 07:13

Well,what you prefer to see the "new" TB:

-Part 1 and Part 2(two long pieces of music);
or
-Separate tracks,like he did for TBII

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 11:35

separate would be nice...easy to find favourite parts...but maybe it will be only one long track like amarok  :O

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 12:53

I would subscribe more to the opinion that it's something that has to be listened to all the way through to gain its full effect.
Even with Tubular Bells II being broken down into tracks, I rarely play them separately.
I think that the piece really has to be written specially to be divided into sections for the track markers to serve as anything more than reference points (I mean, to give each track a proper beginning, middle and end). It might be possible to do it with Tubular Bells anyway, but I'd not do it myself.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 14:15

From what he's said (and its Mike talking here so it could well be completely bollocks) I think it will be exactly like the original in everything but the recording. Didn't he even say the cover would remain the same? It's a shame they should get someone to re-sculpt the original bell and re-photograph it. I'm a photographer I'd do it for him :) I also live by the sea, and I also know someone with a pipe bending jig. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with enough skill to even begin to try to recreate that original shape. :/
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 19:13

The original recording had two tracks, Part 1 and Part 2. Why the heck should he alter this? :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 20:32

I'd like to see separate tracks if only to see what he'd call each section. It'll probably be just the 2 tracks again, though, which I also have on problem with.

There's always Amarok player :D.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2003, 20:33

For old time's sake it would be cool if it was just 2 tracks. but then again, i like having seperate tracks (TSODE, TB2, TB3) that all seem to blend together as one large track.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 08:04

I've thought when listening to the original Tubular Bells how great it would be if the parts were separated into their own tracks... because the parts are so different, I think it would be good to have them each as individual tracks. On the other hand I dislike the idea of naming them like in Tubular II & III. they should just be called Track 1, Track 2 etc etc.
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 10:38

I always listen to it from the beginning to the end, so it doesn't really matter to me. But I agree with you Sysiyo, that naming the tracks will feel a bit strange, since we're so used with part 1 and 2 =)

How about nameless tracks? ...no tracklisting at the back of the cover, but still seperated tracks? :-)

/ Johan
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 13:28

Personaly I don't see how you could even begin to seperate it into seperate tracks. And track names have never been one of Mike's strong points (and he seems to be getting even worse at it) so I don't think he should bother and I doubt he will.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 14:51

imo it should be as it was, two unnamed tracks... for me it's even annoying the brief cut between tracks in tsode or tbll. i prefer it running smooth without any kind of cut and for the names i admit that i don't care much to 'learn' the names of the tracks in long instrumentals. in tb i don't see a clear possibility to separate it into tracks, i think it could sound a bit forced if u know what i mean... and this could make it be a different work... no no... better as it was, but again, i'm clung to the original taste of tb.
we will see soon...

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2003, 04:42

I have always liked the idea of separate tracks which run together, like of TSODE and TBII. I myself don't see what maria is talking about with a brief cut between tracks, on TSODE and TBII I have never experienced any gap between songs, even an extremely short one. However, I do understand the argument for Parts one and two, and it is a very hard decision. I wouldn't mind either way.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2003, 06:18

maybe it’s because i listen to music through my computer (honestly i don’t remember what happened in my old sony hi fi equip. since some years ago i gave to a friend of mine who was needing it) that is not a bad one and the sound is pretty good and in it, between tracks there’s a brief cut (just one second maybe). while writing i’m listening to tsode and right now for example… 'hibernaculum' 3.32, a blank and ‘tubular world’ starts… i can imagine this may happen in any computer and of course this is something it doesn’t happen in an uncut track as tubular bells part l or 2 or any of the other long instrumentals conceived without cuttings… maybe i’m just too perfectionist… (or that i have to buy a hi fi equip again)
what i think it’s that if tubular bells is (well, now it has actually been) re recorded without dividing it into more than the two usual tracks there’s no possibility for this to happen.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2003, 20:37

He'll keep it as two separate tracks, no more, no less.

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
KDK Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2003, 19:08

Remember this is a Re-Recording, not a new version or a new arrangement, so it should be kept as a part 1 and part 2 like the original record. Besides, some of you are right when you ask how would you call each track...Maybe TB 1, TB2, TB3, TB4 and so on? like Jarre's albums... ;)

Cheers!
KDK

--------------
Jedi Master and Superior Intellect!
Profile PM 
ColdSun2003 Offline

Posted: April 01 2003, 17:43

--Few Words from the New Guy-- :)

For nostalgic purposes only: definitely a two-parter!!  Okay, so the days of side-long epics are long gone (Klaus Schulze must be the only one left making them ;)) but there's no harm reminiscing back to ye olde days when Tubular Bells came on a lump of flat, black plastic!  Somehow, with all the state-of-the-art technology Mike's putting into this re-recording, I doubt a proper vinyl release is planned so it will be good compensation.

Now all that's left is to hope that there is one release date for all countries.... don't want to have to import it like I did with 3L.
Profile PM 
Rob Watson Offline

Posted: April 08 2003, 05:17

I think that it is very unlikely that the layout will be altered from the original... part 1 and part 2. If you read the articles posted by Mike he is always talking in parts so we can probably expect it to follow the same layout as the original TB... besides where could you make the track brakes, what on earth would you call them and it is called TB re-recorded isn't it?  ;)
Profile PM 
Incantations2085 Offline

Posted: April 10 2003, 03:15

seperate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
Reaching through the dark, do you have to go??
Profile PM 
Mige Iranzo Offline

Posted: April 11 2003, 07:19

Tubular Bells 2003 will be in separate tracks.

http://www.mikeoldfield-tubularbells.com

--------------
ßøîñG ßøøM T§¢Hãk
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 11 2003, 08:43

I'll probably make an mp3 albumwrap of it anyway...

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
26 replies since Feb. 03 2003, 07:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net