[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Pacha Mama, Aeaea< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 27 2011, 23:32

Quote (0+1(I1) @ Aug. 28 2011, 13:16)
"AE" must be an sound close to MichAEL's heart as when you spell the name its not as it sounds, it could be just that simple or not.

If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God. But the light is not the goal of the search; it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it! Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as God, is the byproduct of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished, not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do! Or we turn to look at our shadow, and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose; which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty - and in all its flaws. And in so doing better understand the world around us.
:D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 27 2011, 23:41

The wall? We don't need no education, Milamber  :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2011, 23:48

Ya won't eat our meat, But you'll glue with our feet.

If ya don't eat ya puddin, Ya can't have any meat  :/
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 00:43

:laugh:
For one awful moment I thought you were offering yet another remedy for Coral Ear!  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 08:27

If Michael Oldfield really cared that much about his name, he would have signed himself as Michael Oldfield all through his career, not just on Heaven's Open. There must be a reason why we all know him as Mike Oldfield. And there must be a reason why we don't know the guy who did Thriller and Bad as Mike Jackson. :D :laugh:

P.S.: A long time ago, Genesis recorded some pieces for a filmed biography of a painter called Michael Jackson. The film and the pieces were never released, but that guy was commonly known as Mick Jackson. :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 18:54

Ugo if your previous post was directed at my light hearted hypothesis that the simple explanation could be that these letters are in Mikes first name when written MichAEl as in his name in full (or birth registered name).  Then you have missed my point, I never said he cared so much about his full name.

What I was implying is that when one is young the first thing you have to learn is to write down your name & if your name is harder to learn than all the rest of the other class members around you then this can disadvantage you from the word GO if U know what I mean? maybe not! as your name is so easy to learn, being Ugo just three letters must of been dead easy! but I hope with your understanding you can appreciate that Mike is far more simple than Michael to learn as it really is hard for a child to remember which way round the E & A go due to the pronunciation.

If what I have read is true all Mikes close friends & family call him Michael not Mike!.  I do not know so hence I am only taking a guess but could it be that because MO did not do so well at school that he suffered in reading whilst at school in Reading may of been the case.  Does anyone know if he is letter/word blind?.

So to sum up I am not saying this is a strong proof or even a highly possible explanation I am just alluding to the fact that MO is a sensitive soul and it is in his nature that he is a sound person or a person of sounds not words.  What  I am trying to help people remember is, how just as you can not choose the circumstances surrounding your birth or the name you are given.  Are they not in the lap of GOD/or the luck of the draw, so your name becomes you written ID and is very close to your mind especially in sound, can you not under normal circumstances always hear your name when called?.

As for the EYAY/EYAR or "E""A" sound our e(y)ars h"EA"R & I actually think this is a far MOre logical explanation of what we here in this song hEAr when we listen could it not be that we are being told to HE(Y)AR EYAR EYAR, what do your ears hear?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTH5dxGuJMc&feature=player_embedded

I would say it makes sense that Mike's/Michael's sense of hearing & the fact that all his work is created to please the EArs & sing to the hEArt, this could therefore be a sound explanation of what we hEAr! yes/no?.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 21:40

Quote (Milamber @ Aug. 28 2011, 06:32)
Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+Aug. 28 2011, 13:16)
"AE" must be an sound close to MichAEL's heart as when you spell the name its not as it sounds, it could be just that simple or not.

If I take a lamp and shine it toward the wall, a bright spot will appear on the wall. The lamp is our search for truth, for understanding. Too often we assume that the light on the wall is God. But the light is not the goal of the search; it is the result of the search. The more intense the search, the brighter the light on the wall. The brighter the light on the wall, the greater the sense of revelation upon seeing it! Similarly, someone who does not search, who does not bring a lantern with him, sees nothing. What we perceive as God, is the byproduct of our search for God. It may simply be an appreciation of the light, pure and unblemished, not understanding that it comes from us. Sometimes we stand in front of the light and assume that we are the center of the universe. God looks astonishingly like we do! Or we turn to look at our shadow, and assume that all is darkness. If we allow ourselves to get in the way, we defeat the purpose; which is to use the light of our search to illuminate the wall in all its beauty - and in all its flaws. And in so doing better understand the world around us.

Sorry Milamber am I missing something here, why have you copied my post and adhered it to your somewhat off topic posting? as I can not see any relevant connection between the two can you?.

I do believe someone used this very same piece in a thread here some years back, did you copy it from that thread? if so can you please let me know which topic it was in as I can not find it again & its one I would like to review.

Although I can not understand why you have put this up here I do think it, in another content holds some very interesting ideas yet fails on some also in it's use here or in other areas where I see it is used far to loosely as an overall argument against the views of others.  For instance it fails against held beliefs in a God, as in the end it is all a matter of ones faith! & blind faith needs no lamp.

Sadly I should point out that I DO NOT HAVE THE GIFT OF BLIND FAITH, either in a God or in there not being a God, do you Milamber? if so which?.  Now if I read you right you will be surprised that I write this.

When it comes to the casting of shadows, or to put it another way the deletion of light placing shade upon a surface is this not where the duty of the mind takes over to see all the possible truths of that which the eyes have shown it, or should we all shut out the light and fumble around in the dark.

REMEMBER MILAMBER OMINOS THOUGHTLESS SILENCE OR WAS IT SCIENCE?. Something to OM on for a MO.
Whilst you are at it ask yourself what MO means when he says he is just a channel for music/sound & where do you think he thinks this sound originates from?.
I know what you think I need to know is in the end going to be your belief! yet have you ever considered you could be even a little bit slightly blind of mind do you really have the faith in yourself to think you are all knowing? & believe yourself to be the one that all should follow without question?.

I have seen that you have undertaken great works & have on occasions tried to declare to you that I have recognised these as such but this all appears to of been like water off a ducks back.

Hence I must now beg that you try to find room for others beliefs, and not go blindly making assumptions that I am searching for God here as I am a man of science like you would also appear to be & if so we should be together in our individual searches for truth not doing all one can to obscure the answer with shadowy doubt but using logic and reasoned opposition to things that one doubts to be of logic or truth.

If what I believe is right Mike is the man of God or dog here & the "I"'s are just here to see and hear what he shows us he believes in.

Lastly one for all people of science or belief if E=MC2 then here is the big one! is not the opposite/reverse also particularly so?. Now you can begin to see hopefully.
ALL THE BEST I1...

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 22:10

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 28 2011, 07:43)
For one awful moment I thought you were offering yet another remedy for Coral Ear!  :laugh:

We call it glue EAr when one can not hEAr or sometimes people are called cloth EAred by mistake especially some poor children in years gone luckily by, would be seen as thick when all that was wrong with them was a build up of EAr wax, so sad!.

U WHO! IS THIS A STICK UP MILAMBER?
CODE NAME: OPPERATION STITCH UP!

I am glued to my computer to see where this one ends up.
I hope you are solvent & will adhere to the rules of engagement.

No come on why spoil Nightspores serious & interesting topic with silly off topic posts, we must learn there is a time and a place for everything and here & now is not it.
DO I HEAR HERE HERE?.

--------------
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2011, 22:54

Quote (0+1(I1) @ Aug. 28 2011, 22:10)
I hope you are solvent & will adhere

Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 20:08

I think you have taken me the wrong way jOn.
Are you not One with a LamP????
Sorry if it was open to misinterpretation, as humans we are all on a journey of dIscovery.
We may not always agree, but my paragraph ( yes I've posted it before ) was in support of your personal quest and for that alone I/We salute you sIr.

Of course I don't expect people to follow my views on anything, if I did I would demand at least Five hail Milambers as penance  :laugh:

As always thanks for the Kudos on my labours much appreciated :D

Now let us pray.... :cool:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2011, 20:10

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 29 2011, 14:54)
Quote (0 @ 1(I1)+Aug. 28 2011, 22:10)
I hope you are solvent & will adhere

Now that's sticking to the topic  :laugh:
Profile PM 
50 replies since July 13 2011, 00:19 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net