Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Own "MO-inspired" music project< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Anymos Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 07 2021, 14:39

Hi everyone,

I've spent quite a bit of time of the weird last year on a musical project I thought might be of interest for other Oldfield fans. It's a long instrumental piece of a more "classical" approach to composing combined with my (poor) attempts on Oldfield-adjacent use of guitars. I think overall it is harmonically/stilistically a bit different in most places but maybe MotS with electrical guitars/bass could be a rough description.

I am still working on details, so this is more of an demo, I keep uploading new mixes so I will link the 2 players instead of the direct file:

https://soundcloud.com/user-839154254/tracks

https://fidbak.audio/anymos/player/1807952aa745/f5ead391a5b4

Fidbak is better quality, soundcloud has some description of the piece and the individual parts.
Feedback is always welcome. :)
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 07 2021, 18:37

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2021, 19:52

Not bad at all... The complexity and musical density reminded me of Schoenberg's Transfigured Night. That guitar voice is fighting for something among all that complexity (and "so many" complexities, as your unscrambled title implies).
Profile PM 
Anymos Offline

Posted: Oct. 10 2021, 04:47

It's been a while and wanted to give a quick update to the progress. First of all thank you for the nice comments!
Some restrictions in sound quality due to the midi orchestra sounds are rightly pointed out, it's one of the cheaper libraries that was really versatile and useful for the writing/creating process though. With better libraries and more experience on how to use them there is certainly room for improvement. Otherwise I am open to a real orchestra performing it. :)

Hopefully I adressed a few of the criticisms in the current mix. I automated all the orchestral parts, rewrote and reharmonized some of them too and I think it sounds more natural now. The bass should be more prominent as well. :) I will keep working on the balance of things, especially in the more dense and complexe parts, so that the small changes to the core themes are better noticeable to avoid it becoming boring.

I updated the links in the first post, feel free to revisit or visit for the first time and comment.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Aug. 07 2021, 14:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net