Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Order of Album Forums< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 03:03

Judging by the curious silence on the matter, maybe nobody else is bothered by this, but... why is the Music of the Spheres forum now located above Hergest Ridge? I can understand placing the newest release at the top for convenience sake, but - if that's the case - then why is it below Tubular Bells? Does nobody else care that chronology has been upheaved (uphoven? uphooved?) or - even scarier - am I the only one who sees it this way?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 05:57

You're right, it has moved. How weird!

Wonder if the Admin's are trying to put it near the top of the list for a while to make it more prominent?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 08:42

Maybe they`ve got the album confused with an altogether and entirely different orchestral album of Mike`s music. :D  ;)
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 11:45

How strange.  I've only just noticed this, but now I know I find myself wanting to move it back.

(Sweetpea - I'd go with 'upheaved'.  I think 'uphooved' may be the result of erroneously sucking something important up the vacuum cleaner...)
:D
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 09 2008, 19:10

I think "uphooved" is when a horse falls over...

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 04:17

Ahhhh. Once again, all is right with the Tubular world. Order has been restored and I got several sympathetic and helpful responses to my concerns. Matt & his cheese are back (missed ya! ) with a possible solution to the mystery. Dirk posits a sensible alternative, a bit tongue-in-cheekily. Ebony reveals a talent for wordplay and that she's been listening to too much Amarok. And Moz offers what may be the most logical use of "uphooved" I've yet seen. Not that I'd bet my life on any of these explanations, but still... you guys are great.

(PS: The administrators are pretty neat, too. Thanks! )

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 04:56

I was shocked by the drastic uphoovement when it was pointed out, but, like Ebony, I now find myself wondering whether the subsequent de-uphoovement was a good idea after all. To uphoove, or not to uphoove? That is the question. The whole issue of the ethics of uphoovementation (not to mention de-uphoovementation) is still very much disputed by philosophers, I believe.

Ladies. Gentlemen. Declare yourselves. Are you an uphoovementationalist, or a de-uphoovementationalist? Or ... [sly, sideways, knowing look] ... don't you want us to know?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 05:10

*checks world time clock* Now I know what a Sunday morning Alan D is like. Hehe.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 05:30

Quote (Sweetpea @ Feb. 10 2008, 10:10)
what a Sunday morning Alan D is like.

Non-uphoovementational.

For now.
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 14:48

Alan, so glad that you highlighted the correct term above. For so long now, I've been incorrectly using the word 'uphooverality' rather than 'uphoovementation'. I am just SO embarassed.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 15:00

Quote (Ebony @ Feb. 09 2008, 16:45)
How strange.  I've only just noticed this, but now I know I find myself wanting to move it back.

(Sweetpea - I'd go with 'upheaved'.  I think 'uphooved' may be the result of erroneously sucking something important up the vacuum cleaner...)
:D

Upheaved  - isn't that something that only happens on a boat?

Uphooved - yes that is what horses do when they escape - they find a local farmers field - one that has just been planted with a new seed crop, then they role on their backs waving their hooves in the air - hence the saying - The horse is feeling so good he uphooved and ran off!   (his name is Bentley by the way, and he has a big brown face!...)

Not sure Updysoned fits too well though?!?!?

:cool:  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 15:06

Quote (clotty @ Feb. 10 2008, 19:48)
For so long now, I've been incorrectly using the word 'uphooverality' rather than 'uphoovementation'. I am just SO embarassed.

Don't give yourself grief over it, Chris. It's a very common mistake, and to tell the truth [shaking my head with a wry smile], I used to make it myself ...

But I think you'll find your life is much richer, now. Uphoovementationally speaking, I mean.
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Feb. 10 2008, 15:50

Quote (Ray @ Feb. 10 2008, 20:00)
Not sure Updysoned fits too well though?!?!?

And "upHenryed" just sounds plain wrong!!  :O

To thwart the risk of causing controversy (and possibly uphooval?) I think I shall keep my stance on uphoovementationalism to myself for the time being.
:cool:
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 11 2008, 05:25

Stranger and stranger, the MOTS album seems to have just suffered de-uphoovementation :O

Back to the bottom for you mate...

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 05:16

Quote (Ebony @ Feb. 10 2008, 15:50)
I think I shall keep my stance on uphoovementationalism to myself for the time being.

I can't even say the word, let alone declare a stance on it.

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2008, 12:52

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 10 2008, 08:56)
I was shocked by the drastic uphoovement when it was pointed out, but, like Ebony, I now find myself wondering whether the subsequent de-uphoovement was a good idea after all. To uphoove, or not to uphoove? That is the question. The whole issue of the ethics of uphoovementation (not to mention de-uphoovementation) is still very much disputed by philosophers, I believe.

Ladies. Gentlemen. Declare yourselves. Are you an uphoovementationalist, or a de-uphoovementationalist? Or ... [sly, sideways, knowing look] ... don't you want us to know?

Most deffo an uphoovementalist :)  :D , I shall be uphooving myself later this year, as I'll be mooving, or should that be uphooving to Shakespeare's County later this year , which   also has Tolkien connections , which is even more coool  :)  :D  :cool:.  Shakespeare makes me fall asleep, but Tolkien I could read over and over again.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2008, 16:10

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Feb. 13 2008, 12:52)
I shall be uphooving myself later this year, as I'll be mooving, or should that be uphooving to Shakespeare's County later this year ,

Wishing you all the very best, Moonchildhippy, hope all goes well for you and that you settle soon and are very happy! :)

bee

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
16 replies since Feb. 09 2008, 03:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net