Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ommadawn sheet music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TimHighfield Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2000, 00:09

I saw a discussion in the TB section about TB sheet music, but I couldn't find anything in any O-related forums about sheet music for this album. Does anyone out there know where I can find the music for Ommadawn, or at least the classic finale to Part One?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 31 2000, 19:55

The 'Elements' music book has an arrangement of the intro for piano. There might be more of it in sheet music form somewhere, but I don't know where.

You could try, if you can get hold of one of the midi sequencing packages that can handle notation, then you could try opening some of the midi files of Ommadawn and using that software to display the notation (a bit of a Carsten Kuss tip that one...just be careful that you have an accurate midi file). There is some guitar tab of a few of the solos from Ommadawn available, if that's any help.

If you're feeling brave, you could have a try at working it out by ear - it might turn out to be easier than you think (then again, it might not...). Some parts are fairly simple to work out, others aren't so much.
If you're still really stuck, get in touch with me...I might be able to give some sort of help, though I think there might be better people than me...
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2000, 03:17

Thanks a lot Korgscrew.

I'll try these out with my friends over the next few days

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 01 2000, 15:42

Hi Tim, there's a MIDI of mine at this site. I tried do make a 1:1 reproduction of O Part One. If you should decide to try that, and need any assistance, please feel free to eMail me. -Carsten-

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
FatBantha
Unregistered

Posted: May 04 2004, 14:08

TimHighfield, I know you've posted this topic four years ago and probably you've founded "Ommadawn" sheet music, but I think this can be helpful for newbies looking for it.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/baxendale/228/ommadawn.htm

By the way, does anybody know where (in the Net) I can find "Tubular Bells" sheet music scans?
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 04 2004, 16:29

There are indeed those, though bear in mind that they're not the same arrangement as on the album. Still worth a look, though.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: May 04 2004, 17:52

The back of the Exposed album contains a small picture of written music for the solo part of the Finale section of TB Part 1 :)

As Richard says, it's good to work the parts out by ear. It doesn't have to be too complex

but you might just want the sheet music for collectable reasons. In which case you could try looking out for it on ebay
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 04 2004, 18:18

I recently got this wave-midi converter. Depending on the complexity, a certain degree of the notes and chords are misinterpreted and has to be edited, but I was rather impressed anyway =) It sure saves a lot of time compared to work all out by ear and it at least provides a pattern with the right tempo.

I converted Amarok to midi with some funny results! Well, the intro was recognizable, but some other parts were hard to listen to. They just have too many instruments I guess! =)
Profile PM 
7 replies since Oct. 29 2000, 00:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net