Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ommadawn (Monitor Mix), What Is It?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mikex Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 02:43

I have seen a CD copy of Ommadawn (Monitor Mix) which states that it is different from the original. Please can anyone tell me more about this?

--------------
Anthropolologee, upstairs and inside a revelation is blinking well baffling!
Profile PM 
familyjules Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 05:03

Well I've not heard it, but I do have some "monitor mixes" of Beatles recordings, which were essentially mixes-in-progress taped from the studio monitors.  So I imagine it's a mix-in-progress or a rough mix of the album.  Might be interesting to listen to, depending on what the quality is like, of course....

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
mikex Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 05:37

Quote (familyjules @ Aug. 19 2005, 10:03)
Essentially mixes-in-progress taped from the studio monitors.  So I imagine it's a mix-in-progress or a rough mix of the album.  Might be interesting to listen to, depending on what the quality is like, or course....

Jules

Thanks Jules, I did think studio when I saw 'Monitor Mix' but I wasn't to sure. A friend of mine has a copy, I will badger him to have a listen now.  :)

--------------
Anthropolologee, upstairs and inside a revelation is blinking well baffling!
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 13:35

I have a copy of the monitor mix and its quite interesting especially the finale on horseback which is quite different.I will listen to it again and review here.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Aug. 19 2005, 02:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net