Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ommadawn Lost Version, 1975 Demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Happy? Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 08 2022, 15:42

Been thinking of taking the guitar-pipes coda of the Lost Version and insert it in the 2010 mix somewhere. First I tried to paste it in the drum outro of part 1, but the rhythms are way too different.

Now I tried to fit it between the final jig and On Horseback. This fits a lot better, but it's a bit odd that the melody is taken from part 1 and is not used on part 2 in the original version. This makes it a bit of a reprise of a missing melody. However, it flows very nicely into the atmosphere of On Horseback, though. Almost the same rhythm, metronome and amplitude.

Well, maybe my ears can get used to this addition to part 2. We'll see... or hear. ;)

--------------
I'd rather be... happy?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 09 2022, 04:30

I'm not sure I would want to mess with perfection.
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2022, 06:45

Quote (Happy? @ April 08 2022, 15:42)
Been thinking of taking the guitar-pipes coda of the Lost Version and insert it in the 2010 mix somewhere. First I tried to paste it in the drum outro of part 1, but the rhythms are way too different.

Now I tried to fit it between the final jig and On Horseback. This fits a lot better, but it's a bit odd that the melody is taken from part 1 and is not used on part 2 in the original version. This makes it a bit of a reprise of a missing melody. However, it flows very nicely into the atmosphere of On Horseback, though. Almost the same rhythm, metronome and amplitude.

Well, maybe my ears can get used to this addition to part 2. We'll see... or hear. ;)

I like this idea. That little coda bit is so nice it's a shame it's not on the finished version. Going to take your idea and try it myself as well!
Profile PM 
82 replies since June 07 2010, 15:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net