Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Ommadawn and Ummagumma, Parallels?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 06 2023, 18:47

Ommadawn is of course Mike Oldfield's third album, just as Ummagumma is Pink Floyd's third "main" album (More of course was a soundtrack). As I have pointed out in another post, Mike likes to play with language: if we read "U" ("you"?) as a broken "O" we get Ommagomma. Immediately there is a striking parallel, which leads to the conclusion that "Dawn" is "MGO + MA" ("gomma" rearranged). Given that the solution to the famous Publius Enigma is that Mike Oldfield has been a guiding force behind Pink Floyd since the year dot (surely the title Division BELL should have rung a few bells?), the parallel is remarkable.

Speaking of Pink Floyd, Pink is the emblematic female color ("MA") and "Floyd" is the name of the guy who goes to the moon in 2001: A Space Odyssey. The promotional posters for the Pink Floyd movie even had the words "Since 2001: A Space Odyssey, only Pink Floyd has made the trip".
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: April 02 2023, 17:35

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 06 2023, 18:47)
Ommadawn is of course Mike Oldfield's third album, just as Ummagumma is Pink Floyd's third "main" album (More of course was a soundtrack). As I have pointed out in another post, Mike likes to play with language: if we read "U" ("you"?) as a broken "O" we get Ommagomma. Immediately there is a striking parallel, which leads to the conclusion that "Dawn" is "MGO + MA" ("gomma" rearranged). Given that the solution to the famous Publius Enigma is that Mike Oldfield has been a guiding force behind Pink Floyd since the year dot (surely the title Division BELL should have rung a few bells?), the parallel is remarkable.

Speaking of Pink Floyd, Pink is the emblematic female color ("MA") and "Floyd" is the name of the guy who goes to the moon in 2001: A Space Odyssey. The promotional posters for the Pink Floyd movie even had the words "Since 2001: A Space Odyssey, only Pink Floyd has made the trip".

Mike's music was also sadly co-opted for the 1979/80 "Space Movie" about the fake, hoax "Moon landings".   Dark Side of the Moon was released just 2 months before Tubular Bells.  DSOTM was also released one year after the hoax Apollo program was scrapped forever, closing with the words "There is no dark side of the Moon; matter of fact it's all dark" an apparent dig at the shadiness of the whole NASA/Apollo operation.  Then, Klaus Schulze released his album "Moondawn" an obvious reference to Ommadawn (with cover artwork that even directly ripped off Oldfield's album) and Moon stuff, in 1976, as if to draw it all together.

Of course, Ommadawn is the album with the lyrics "I'd rather be on horseback than flying through space" and "This small planet, in who knows where?" whereupon Mike clearly expressed his dubious attitude toward "outer space", Moon landings etc which as we know didn't stop Richard Branson from throwing his life into all that fakery.

This quote "Since 2001: A Space Odyssey, only Pink Floyd has made the trip" (which I can't find any attestation for by the way and when you say "The Pink Floyd Movie" which movie do you mean, The Wall?) reads as yet another blatant admission of the hoaxical nature of the NASA/Apollo brand "Moon landing".

BTW I also can't find attestation for the claim that "the solution to the famous Publius Enigma is that Mike Oldfield has been a guiding force behind Pink Floyd since the year dot" and as for the title of the Division Bell there are other albums or at least songs with "Bell" in the title such as AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" which I dearly hope isn't a reference since Mike has shown on certain tracks and albums that he is if not a practicing Christian then at least an admirer of some of the concepts (e.g. "Closer" & "Pres de Toi" both based on "Nearer My God to Thee"), "Our Father" (="who art in heaven"), the "Art in Heaven" concert and DVD, the lyric and song "now thou art in heaven", "Peace on Earth", "The Time Has Come", lyrics such as "Have you ever been to Northpoint (c.f. his cover of the song North Star, about Polaris, the Polestar, suggesting again heaven), to spend your time in prayer" and probably others.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 02 2023, 22:55

Quote (Sentinel_NZ @ April 02 2023, 17:35)
This quote "Since 2001: A Space Odyssey, only Pink Floyd has made the trip" (which I can't find any attestation for by the way and when you say "The Pink Floyd Movie" which movie do you mean, The Wall?) reads as yet another blatant admission of the hoaxical nature of the NASA/Apollo brand "Moon landing".

BTW I also can't find attestation for the claim that "the solution to the famous Publius Enigma is that Mike Oldfield has been a guiding force behind Pink Floyd since the year dot" and as for the title of the Division Bell there are other albums or at least songs with "Bell" in the title such as AC/DC's "Hell's Bells" which I dearly hope isn't a reference since Mike has shown on certain tracks and albums that he is if not a practicing Christian then at least an admirer of some of the concepts (e.g. "Closer" & "Pres de Toi" both based on "Nearer My God to Thee"), "Our Father" (="who art in heaven"), the "Art in Heaven" concert and DVD, the lyric and song "now thou art in heaven", "Peace on Earth", "The Time Has Come", lyrics such as "Have you ever been to Northpoint (c.f. his cover of the song North Star, about Polaris, the Polestar, suggesting again heaven), to spend your time in prayer" and probably others.

Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii. I actually own a copy of the poster - I see it's quite valuable, that daybill in the link below selling for $300. I got mine for free, way back when. You can see an image of it here:

https://www.allaboutmovies.com.au/poster-....pompeii

As for Publius, the fact that there is no "attestation" doesn't mean the connection isn't bleeding obvious  :laugh: Maybe I should let someone know and get a tree planted in my honor (or whatever the reward was).

As for AC/DC, yes, MO is behind them as well. He is "the music" that is referenced in the song "American Pie". But you're being disingenuous, aren't you Mike, er, "Sentinel NZ"  :p  :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 02 2023, 23:08

Yikes, this one has an asking price of $1200 and at least 12 people are interested!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm....RndHoYQ
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: April 02 2023, 23:24

Quote (nightspore @ April 02 2023, 23:08)
Yikes, this one has an asking price of $1200 and at least 12 people are interested!

Interesting poster, thanks for that.  Another very frank and obvious "masterful"-style statement regarding the phony "Apollo Moon Landing".

And I don't know if you Mike, er "Nightspore" are being uningenious, disingenuous, or what it is, but I don't see one single piece of evidence from you or anyone else that the answer to the riddle was that Mike Oldfield is the mastermind behind the career of Pink Floyd, since "day one" especially considering they formed when he was barely 11 years old lol...let alone that it's "bleedingly obvious".

And AC/DC have no song called "American Pie", nor do they have any connections to M.G.O. at all.  If you mean Don McLean, then the song was released 2 years before Tubular Bells and the song is actually about NASA, Apollo, Buddy Holly, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and the like.

Then again if I recall correctly aren't you the same Nightspore who said that Mike Oldfield was the "Zodiac Killer"? Or was it another American serial killer, Summer of Sam, one of those ones anyway.  hahaha.  Considering that track record (no pun intended) it's not so surprising to make these more or less frankly bizarre claims about Pink Floyd, Don McLean, Ac/DC, and Oldfield

Interestingly concerning 2001 and Apollo, note that the alleged "real life" Moon astronaut of Apollo 10, 1968, was a Frank Borman, while two of the characters in the 1968 movie 2001, also about a "Moon landing", were Frank Poole and Dave Bowman (=Frank....Bowman), thus blending supposed fact and fiction to further confuse the minds of the masses of the public.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: April 03 2023, 23:08

Quote (Sentinel_NZ @ April 02 2023, 23:24)
Quote (nightspore @ April 02 2023, 23:08)

Interesting poster, thanks for that.  Another very frank and obvious "masterful"-style statement regarding the phony "Apollo Moon Landing".

And I don't know if you Mike, er "Nightspore" are being uningenious, disingenuous, or what it is, but I don't see one single piece of evidence from you or anyone else that the answer to the riddle was that Mike Oldfield is the mastermind behind the career of Pink Floyd, since "day one" especially considering they formed when he was barely 11 years old lol...let alone that it's "bleedingly obvious".

And AC/DC have no song called "American Pie", nor do they have any connections to M.G.O. at all.  If you mean Don McLean, then the song was released 2 years before Tubular Bells and the song is actually about NASA, Apollo, Buddy Holly, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan and the like.

Then again if I recall correctly aren't you the same Nightspore who said that Mike Oldfield was the "Zodiac Killer"? Or was it another American serial killer, Summer of Sam, one of those ones anyway.  hahaha.  Considering that track record (no pun intended) it's not so surprising to make these more or less frankly bizarre claims about Pink Floyd, Don McLean, Ac/DC, and Oldfield

Interestingly concerning 2001 and Apollo, note that the alleged "real life" Moon astronaut of Apollo 10, 1968, was a Frank Borman, while two of the characters in the 1968 movie 2001, also about a "Moon landing", were Frank Poole and Dave Bowman (=Frank....Bowman), thus blending supposed fact and fiction to further confuse the minds of the masses of the public.

Oh Mike, go back to writing/releasing more music. Leave the fakery to the rest of the internet.
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: April 04 2023, 00:57

Quote (nightspore @ April 03 2023, 23:08)
Oh Mike, go back to writing/releasing more music. Leave the fakery to the rest of the internet.

Dear me, Michael, you and your tall tales :p I do rather wish you'd deputize the same to others here in cyperspace though....why not return to composing & dropping tunes on us instead hey?
Profile PM 
6 replies since Mar. 06 2023, 18:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net