Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Omega Man< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 25 2007, 21:29

I recently rewatched Omega Man on DVD (on loan) and I thought it strange to see what looked like a TB shape on Neville's gas can. In this YouTube video, check out the 5:30 mark and tell me I'm imagining things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suE63r4xSr4

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2007, 06:52

I haven't watched the video (yet) because of the outrageously slow connection I'm using now - here on my portable PC - but I think that the TB shape in itself (i.e. without the specific Tubular Bell connotations that Mike gave to it - the bent pipe, the bends themselves, the rounded edges, etc.) is not that uncommon. It has been mentioned many, many times in this board that the number 4 looks like it when turned sideways. So may the shape in the Omega Man image actually be nothing more than a 4? :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2007, 16:24

It's certainly not a reference to Tubular Bells - the film was released in 1971 - but I found it amusing all the same.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2007, 18:56

What did I tell you? It's a 4. :D :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2007, 06:46

I only see a triangle there. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2007, 07:38

@ EeToN: take a closer look... two sides of the 'triangle' are elongated... it's most definitely a 4. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Dec. 28 2007, 18:00

Quote (Ugo @ Dec. 27 2007, 13:38)
take a closer look...

Ah, you're right, now I started to see. :D

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Dec. 25 2007, 21:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net